Friday, August 14, 2009

How much internet is too much?

Stacy McDonald has a poll on her blog "Your Sacred Calling" asking readers, "What robs your family of your time more than anything else?" Interestingly, the number one response she received was not knitting (ha ha); rather it was being on the computer/internet. I won't spend time here repeating all that she has to say, but I do encourage all you ladies to head on over there and read it for yourselves - very convicting, yet very encouraging. :)

There is much for this wife and mom to do on any given day: Devotions, cooking, organizing, planning, teaching, knitting, errands, reading e-mail, etc. And (although this might be shocking to some of you) no, I do not always get everything crossed off my to-do list. Sometimes a wonderful opportunity arises, sometimes I plan poorly, sometimes I'm just being lazy, and sometimes it's because I spend too much time on the computer. Please, don't get me wrong, the computer is an amazing tool for communication, shopping, learning, checking out library books, and a host of other legitimate uses. I just don't ever want to hear at the end of the day when I'm tucking my little sweeties into bed, "Mommy, you spend too much time on the computer." And with that I think I'll go hug my kids and get to work on that to-do list. :)

"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven." ~Ecclesiastes 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...