Monday, October 5, 2009

Hats, hats, and more hats!

If I had to name a theme for my knitting and crocheting this year it would have to be hats. I've had a wonderful time looking for patterns and creating my own when I couldn't find one that was just what I was looking for. And although making up my own patterns has been quite satisfying, it hasn't always been easy. Many times I've had to rip something out and redo it (over and over...can anyone relate?) until I got just the look I was after. And let me not forget to mention the tedious task of writing it all down - carefully recording row counts, which stitches I used, when I increased or decreased, etc., lest I forget.

Here AnnaLynn is modeling a knitted rolled-brim hat I modified from a pattern I found on line.
This one is crocheted with a pattern I created after seeing something similar in a movie Dan and I watched earlier this year. (You never know where inspiration will come from!)
The two hats Anna is modeling are for a friend at church. The collection in the photo at the top is only a sampling of the many children's hats I've been making to sell at craft bazaars this fall.

In closing this post I have to confess that I'm not all that confident about promoting the things I make. As a matter of fact, I'm hesitant to even publish this post (or to set up a display to sell my handwork), but I guess I'll go out on a limb and trust the Lord to bless my efforts if it so pleases Him. Besides, He did bless me with a beautiful daughter to model my hats for me. ;)

"She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies sashes for the merchants."

Proverbs 31:24

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Mom! They really do look great!! :)

    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great and so does your model! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! :) And love you, too! Cute kitty, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the hats, it was so fun to see them in person the other day! ;) I also wanted to ask, is the one you said you saw in a movie an idea from "Changeling?" I remember you were talking about that movie the other day and it does looks like Angelina's hat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you all are so sweet. :) Christina, yes, the "Angelina" hat is the one! It's not exact, but it's the closest I've gotten. Of course, the hat she wore in the movie was not made of yarn, so it's a little hard to copy, but I am pretty happy with my version (although I'll likely still work on it - perfectionist tendencies, I know).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh I love these. I am hopping around your blog b/c hubby is out and I am taking a break from getting things done. [o= I REALLY like the second one.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary - Wow, you were up late, and I'm up early. (yawn!) Thanks for your sweet words. :) I made those two hats (the ones that Anna modeled) for a lady at church who was undergoing chemo. Praise the Lord, she's doing just fine! :) Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...