Thursday, October 29, 2009

It's good to be known...

Sometimes someone does something unexpected for you that simply makes your day. Last Sunday after church I was handed a gift, and inside was a bottle of Diet Pepsi and a bag of M&Ms. This from a former Gileskirk and speech student who just happens to be my oldest daughter's best friend. Anyone who knows me very well knows these are two of my favorite things (or shall we say addictions??).

Funny how the simplest things can bring a smile to my face. Funny how the simplest of gifts can carry the most meaning. And funny how young ladies grow up and become our friends.

3 comments:

  1. I remember bringing home many a peace offerings of that very same combination. :) We just love how consistent you are!

    Happy Birthday!

    -Your loving daughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed the gift! It's nice to know people too--covenant community is such a blessing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess - I cherish the memory of each and every "peace offering."

    Chels - Yes, covenant community truly is a blessing. Thanks again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...