Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Longsuffering & Kindness...

Because several people I care much about are in the midst of hard providences, I thought I'd share a portion of a post by Nancy Wilson on the subject of longsuffering and kindness:
Longsuffering means suffering for a long time. This does not sound very appealing. But many things in this life (provocations and afflictions) require long-term suffering, discipline, and patience. And what better encouragement can there be for us than to know that God has a special fruit that is dispensed by His Holy Spirit that enables us feeble creatures to hang in there for the long haul.

Many people have griefs and injuries, chronic pain and ailments that require longsuffering. Old age suffers long. But notice in both these passages, longsuffering is surrounded with kindness: “Love suffers long and is kind” (I Cor. 13:4) and from Galatians, “the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness…”
To read the rest of her excellent post, click here.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm... she did a good job with that one. Definitely true... Besides, not thinking of ourselves first is always a good thing to do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thought... In my reading of Hebrews this morning, I read chapter 12. So very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hebrews 12 - so many gems of wisdom there! And by the way, Nancy Wilson had a nice follow-up post to the one I linked to...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the words I needed to hear. :)

    I love you!

    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just the words we ALL need to hear and heed! Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...