Monday, November 30, 2009

Advent Jammies

Last year I was inspired by a post I read over at Nancy Wilson's blog, Femina, in which she details how she gives Advent gifts to all her grand kids. I especially liked the idea of "Advent Jammies" and decided to sew some for my youngest two.
The pattern is an old one I used one Christmas many years ago when my adult kids were little kids. I sewed pj's for each of my children and their Mihaly cousins that year; sadly I have no photos to share of them as it was in the pre-digital days (besides, they'd likely be embarrassed).

Danny and Anna were given their new jammies yesterday on the first Sunday of Advent; they sure look cute, don't you think? We'll be giving them simple gifts each Sunday during the Advent season and hope that it is the beginning of a fun and meaningful family tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...