Tuesday, November 3, 2009

amazing grace...

I received a package in the mail today that I'd been eagerly waiting for (even though I had no idea what would be in the package). The reason why is that it was a b-day present to me from Jess & Zack. I have hinted to her at least a couple times that she'd have to find a way to get an autographed copy of a particular book written by the father of her new piano students for me, and wouldn't you know that's just what she sent me!!

The reason this is soooo cool to me is that years ago when I was first becoming familiar with Reformed/Covenant theology, Calvinism, etc., I was struggling with understanding GRACE. So what did I do? I went to the local public library and typed in a subject search for books on grace, and this is the book I wound up checking out! How amazing is that? I'm looking forward to reading it again. :)
Many thanks to you my lovely daughter and son-in-law for a wonderful gift.


And many thanks to Mr. Horton for writing a wonderful book.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like it! :) Something else is on the way, but I just had to send you that right away! Dr. Horton was quite flattered when I walked up to him after the Sunday service.

    I love you!

    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no thought that this was what you were sending! What a surprise! Thanks so much to you both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's awesome! :D How cool, and what a neat little note they put in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina, You are welcome to read it when I'm finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so excited because I had stuck it in the mail the same day you wrote me an e-mail hinting at it again! :)

    Jess~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...