Monday, February 22, 2010

The best thing...

From a favorite blog this morning...
What if the best thing I can do for my children is not

another lecture…
another frown…
another privilege removed…
another forced apology…

What if the best thing I can do for my children is to call them away with a love-sick heart that wants nothing more than to “see that my children walk in truth”, and beckon them to kneel with me before the presence of a holy God…to bathe in His grace and know He gives power through it so that we can walk in newness of life.

Yes. Let me do that for them. Show them their need for forgiveness so that they can forgive. Let me do that for them again and again.
And let me make sure I do the same for myself. It's easy to spot sin in our children - sinful attitudes, sinful behavior, sinful interactions, etc. Where I tend to fall short is in seeing how my children are the mirror that reflects my own sinful attitudes, behaviors, and interactions. How much more should I model for them a repentant heart, so that they might learn that from me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...