Monday, May 10, 2010

Belated Mother's Day wishes...

"Christian motherhood means dedicating your entire life in service of others. It means standing beside your husband, following him, and investing in the lives of children whom you hope will both survive you and surpass you. It means forgoing present satisfaction for eternal rewards. It means investing in the lives of others who may never fully appreciate your sacrifice or comprehend the depth of your love. And it means doing all these things, not because you will receive the praise of man — for you will not — but because God made you to be a woman and a mother, and there is great contentment in that biblical calling."

~Doug Phillips

I intended to do a Mother's Day post for yesterday, but never got around to it with all the busyness in my family's life right now; it seems we're being stretched and pulled in many directions - all good ones, of course, but sometimes there just isn't time to do everything I want to do! Thankfully, Dan does a good job of protecting me from over-extended myself (he knows his wife well...) and keeps me focused on what is important for us, the Seiferts. Anyway, I was catching up on my blog reading this morning and found the above quote on Doug Phillips' blog; you can (and should) click on the link to read the entire post. It's worth it.

In the meantime, and since you're here, enjoy the following photos of our day yesterday...we missed you Jess! Wish you and Zack could've been here, too!

Lunch at the Olive Garden with my mom...

A stop by Dan's childhood home to visit his mom...

Opening gifts from my sweeties...

Happy to have my very blue-eyed son and his lovely bride over for dinner...

Yum...

More yum...and it's organic wine, too!

Handmade soaps Christina found on Etsy & a pair of beautiful sterling silver earrings which I can't wait to wear!

I am spoiled. I am thankful. I am blessed.
And yes, their cards made me cry. :)

7 comments:

  1. I know this will sound so mushy, but while looking through these pictures I actually started to cry for many different reasons. First, missing out on a great day with family. And second, not being able to hug you and tell you how much you mean to me. Mom, words cannot express the strength you have been in my life. You have walked through EVERY event in my life and have loved me beyond measure. You truly are a blessing in my life and I cannot wait to give you a hug at Christmas.

    Happy Mother's Day!


    Your loving daughter,
    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok now im crying after reading that Jess! I enjoyed reading your post and seeing your pictures. Your family is beautiful, and I love that photo of Jeff and Christina its so cute! Have a great week!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok ladies, women are supposed to be mushy and cry over stuff like this! Reading your comments brings tears to my eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! You ladies are making me laugh, not cry! ;D I love how Jess cried reading the post, Vanessa cried reading Jess' comment, and Lisa cried reading everyone's comments! :)

    Jeff says he's crying....;D

    I am so glad you enjoyed your mother's day Lisa, we were so glad to be there! It was fun to see all your pics from the day. And I love the one of Jeff and I too!

    We both love you so much, and I am so lucky to have you as my mother-in-law (2nd mother)! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I'm just glad to know I'm not the only sappy gal out there (read: cries easily). :) Jeff is just too funny...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, I cry over things too (happy as well as sad), I just feel like I'm so tired lately that I can't cry, if that makes any sense at all, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes perfect sense!

    "A merry heart does good like a medicine: but a broken spirit dries the bones."
    ~Proverbs 17:22

    It's important to let our emotions show - especially when they involve tears of joy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...