Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A cool and rainy day in May...

It's cool and raining again today. I came downstairs to a fire in our wood stove. This is the first year since we've relied on wood heat that we've had to have a fire in May. Weird. I heard on the radio that this May may actually go on the record books as the coolest May since they (whoever "they" are) began keeping records. I would say that it must be global warming, but I've been told by my husband that the new term is "Climate Change." Whatever it is, I'm thankful God is in control.

Speaking of being thankful, I'm also thankful that it did not rain yesterday as we were finally able to finish planting our vegetable garden. Four hours of weeding, preparing rows for planting, dropping seeds into the ground, and transplanting homegrown veggie starts makes for sore arms and backs (well, at least for me, the 40-something mom, not for my endlessly energetic children). :)

Can I add that I'm thankful, too, for the overcast sky yesterday? In all honesty, working outdoors with overcast skies is truly better on the skin than if it had been sunshine and blue skies - better achy muscles than sunburned skin! The temperature was perfect, not too hot and not too cool.

And on this cool and rainy day in May, may you, too, find much to be thankful for!

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...