Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Even more chicks...

Ok, so last Tuesday we brought home 53 chicks which will, Lord willing, grow and be transformed into dinner material sometime at the end of June. The next evening my husband brings home 16 hens, new layers to add to our flock! Do the math - that's 69 chicks in my garage. It's getting stinky in there. :)

Here are my two Jr. farmers with our new layers...

These didn't arrive in the mail, but rather were picked up from Wilco...

Of course these new birds needed a brooder of their own, so Dan and Daniel got busy...

And now there are two brooders in my garage...

The little yellow balls of fluff (marshmallow peeps, as a friend called them) are sprouting feathers and eating like there's no tomorrow. Two more weeks in my garage. In the meantime, I'll be holding my nose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...