Friday, June 11, 2010

Busy fingers are creative fingers...

I love the way yarn feels slipping through my fingers (and over and around my knitting needles, too!). I finished this baby blanket just in time - literally, yesterday afternoon - for my friend Leslie's baby shower which was held last evening. I used Lion Brand's new yarn "Baby's First" which is made with an exceptionally soft blend of cotton and acrylic making it very baby friendly. :)
Another project I finished yesterday (this one also for the baby shower) was this pair of baby booties boots which were so fun to make. I am absolutely thrilled with the way they turned out!!    :)    They were knitted using Red Heart's bamboo wool; fleece found in JoAnn's remnant bin was used for the soles.

So, what do you think? Should I make these to sell? How much would you pay for a pair? I feel funny asking, but I'd appreciate your thoughts and ideas - thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Mom, that blanket is just beautiful! I love the colors! Those booties are so cute! I'm so expert, but I would think you could easily sell a pair for $12 or more! People pay for quality hand-made items!

    Love you!

    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jess! Aren't the colors of the blanket great? I wish you could feel how soft it is. :) Thanks, too, for the pricing suggestion. You know me, I don't tend to have tons of confidence about these things... Bazaar season is coming up in a few months, so it'll be nice to know what people think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you use the broken rib for the blanket edging? I love that alternative! And the colors are adorable.

    I'd agree with Jess about the oh-so-cute boots--I'd say 10-15 dollars a pair. You could always make a girl version with girly colors and a crocheted flower sewn on the top too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Chels, for your kind words. :) The edging on the blanket was done with six rows of seed stitch along the top and bottom with five stitches of the same at the beginning of each row.

    I do have plans to make a girlie version of the "boot" - thanks for the crocheted flower idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...