Friday, June 11, 2010

It's strawberry season!

What a blessing it was to pick strawberries this morning! The sky was overcast which made it not-too-warm, no rain was falling (like I heard it did when others were picking yesterday...), and we had the pleasure of being joined by friends which made the work fun! I do have to say that one of my all time most favorite things in the entire world is the taste of a freshly picked strawberry. Mmmmm. There truly is nothing like it. Will there be strawberries in Heaven I wonder? Sigh.





We came home with 35.5 pounds of berries which are currently sitting on my kitchen counter filling the house with their sweetly enticing scent - begging to be eaten and made into my favorite toast topping, strawberry jam. Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! That's a lot of strawberries! Are you planning on making jam?

    BTW, who is that in the first picture standing next to Anna with the brown hair?

    Love you!

    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure are planning to make jam. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. :) And the girl with the brown hair in the photo with Anna? That's Keziah W.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...