Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What did you do today, Lisa?

I'm so glad you asked. :)
Since the weather has been a bit cooler this week, I decided to bake up a loaf of sourdough bread with a new buttermilk starter that I made the other day. The loaf turned out quite nicely and forced me to change our dinner plans from taco salad (buttered sourdough with taco salad?) to chicken Alfredo (can you guess where the chicken came from??).
While my sourdough was rising, I made up a batch of dough for English muffins and left it to rise while I went out to do some weeding in our vegetable garden...
Hmmm. I think I lost track of time outside. That, or the new starter I made up was sure doing its job. Anyway, I thought this would make a funny picture, so here it is. The English muffins turned out great regardless. Can't wait for breakfast tomorrow!
The kids and I also whipped up a batch of homemade butter (sorry, no photo) using 2 quarts of farm fresh milk from a friend's cow and our Kitchen Aid mixer. We wound up with just over a pound of butter and about a quart of buttermilk that is culturing on my kitchen counter as I type. Yum, and more yum.
What's cooking in your kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...