Monday, August 2, 2010

1963

47 years ago in 1963...

The average cost for:
  • a gallon of gas was $.29
  • a new home was $12,650
  • a new car was $3,233
  • a postage stamp was 5 cents

The top five television programs were:

  • The Beverly Hillbillies
  • Bonanza
  • The Dick Van Dyke Show
  • Petticoat Junction
  • The Andy Griffith Show

JFK was assassinated
Alcatraz was closed
MLK Jr. delivered his "I have a dream" speech
Zip codes were implemented in the US
The Beatles released their first album

and on this particular day in 1963...

my beloved was born.

Happy 47th birthday, Dan!

So happy together...

Blessed is every one who fears the LORD, who walks in His ways. When you eat the labor of your hands, you shall be happy, and it shall be well with you. Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine in the very heart of your house, your children like olive plants all around your table. Behold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the LORD. ~Psalm 128:1-4

A long time ago, someone (who did not understand what it meant to be a family man) called my husband a dork family man. The truth is, I wouldn't want him any other way! And so in closing (and with my most humble apologies) I present to you the ultimate in Seifert corny dorkiness...
the #8 song on the Billboard charts in 1963 - I Will Follow Him

and I will. I love you, Dan. :)

5 comments:

  1. I love my Pappa-Man! Happy Birthday, Dad! You will always be the man who first held my heart completely. I love you.

    Your Bigger Little Girl Always,
    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Dan!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Mr. Seifert!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. SEIFERT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoops! It was not actually Laurn who said that, though I'm sure he would, but it was me...*smile* Jess. ;p Sorry if it's confusing...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...