Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Get action!

"Get action; do things; be sane. Don't fritter away your time... Be somebody; get action!"

My daughter Jessica posted this Theodore Roosevelt quote on her blog today, and it occurred to me that this is exactly what I've been up to for the past couple of non-posting weeks. We've been so busy and have so many photos to share, that I haven't been quite sure where to begin.

Anyway, since my last post, we've been busy preparing for the coming school year, trying to finish the long list of summer projects (many of which never even got started...), and camping at the Oregon coast (and yes, we had beautiful weather!). Yesterday I was feeling under the weather, and today AnnaLynn came down with the stomach flu that has spread through our church like wildfire - oh joy!

But back to the Roosevelt quote. Action? Check. Sanity? Sometimes. Frittering away my time? According to my children, I don't know how to relax... Be somebody? Wife, mom, friend, prayer warrior, chef, janitor, laundress, educator, planner, list maker supreme, occasional blogger, etc.

And with that, I'll be updating over the next few days, Lord willing, if I'm not frittering away my time, that is. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, no! Poor AnnaLou! I hope it doesn't run through all of you! And with the Hiseys supposed to come down! I hope your feeling better Mom and were able to get the things done that you wanted to this week. If there's one thing about my Mom (other than the obvious of you being the best) is that you are not a "time fritter awayer!"

    I love you!
    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to "frittering" away some time together this weekend! Can't wait! I will respond to your email this evening. See you soon my friend! J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah... thanks, Jess!

    "time fritter awayer" LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. J,

    Shhh! Don't ruin my reputation! As you can clearly read in Jess's comment, I'm NOT a "time fritter awayer" :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...