Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Contentment...

Once again my daughter's blog (which if it wasn't private, I'd include a link) has spurred my thinking with a post on contentment...

I often convince myself that I'm a content woman. It might look like that way to those who know me, but in my heart I'm a grumbler. Rather than being joyful, thankful for all God has blessed me with, I find myself complaining about my circumstances and wishing for more. More time to pursue my hobbies, more money to finish projects around our home and property, more hours-at-home for my hubby... More, more, more.

Why is contentment so difficult to achieve? Because we are daughters of Eve who think we know better than God. Because we fail to read and believe the Word and "take every thought captive". Because we do not fall on our faces in repentance. Instead we stand boldly shouting and demanding our rights.

Shame on us. And thanks be to God, for His mercies are new every day.

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." ~Lamentations 3:22-23

2 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration, Mom! Your humility is humbling. Thank you for your comment on my blog and I love you so much for your encouragement!

    I love you!
    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, too, my dear daughter! You are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...