Saturday, September 18, 2010

Don't laugh!

Well, go ahead if you must - but you'll be laughing at me if you do. You see, I'm working on lesson plans for an upcoming nutrition assignment for my students and one of the suggestions in the curriculum I'm using is to have the students write silly poems about healthy brain foods (such as avocados, bananas, cantaloupe, chicken, eggs, flaxseed oil, legumes, etc.).

I figured Haiku would be fun, so I looked up some info online to refresh my memory with the way it works. And since it's been years since my high school poetry class, I figured I'd better give it a try so I would be familiar with it when it's time to teach on Tuesday:

Health food for my brain,
Brussels sprouts and broccoli.
I will not eat them.

And one to describe the way I feel about the weather:

Heavy clouds, gray skies.
It's warm, rainy, and humid.
I do not like it.

Well, there it is. Are you laughing at me? I'm laughing at me. :)

Note: I thought I had saved this to draft so I could go do something else, but when I came back to finish it, there it was - published - for everyone to see. Ooops! That'll teach me to try blogging when I'm busy (even though it did provide something for me to laugh at myself about!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...