Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's September...

...which means it's canning season!
My sister called the other day to let me know her pear tree was starting to drop fruit and that she wasn't going to have time to can. She told me the pears were mine if I wanted them, so Anna and I stopped by her house to take advantage of her offer and spent the afternoon processing them. Dan loves canned pears, so this was time very well spent. :)

September also means it's time to be making some soup...

The chicken and broth for tonight's dinner was provided by our summer meat bird project. And even though I threw one too many handfuls of noodles into the pot, the soup was delicious. A perfect dinner for a cloudy and rainy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...