Monday, January 10, 2011

Gratituesday: Sourdough!

This might seem silly, but this is what I'm thankful for...



A mason jar filled with bubbly active sourdough starter!

The thing is that I put the jar into the fridge sometime around Thanksgiving when I realized life was going to be too hectic for me to be baking my own bread over the holidays.

Fast forward to when I finally pulled the jar out of hibernation last week, I wasn’t sure if the starter would still be active. So I fed it, put it in a warm place, and waited. I do believe the above photo is evidence enough that my starter was still good, but the photo below is even better evidence…


Sourdough bliss. :) Smothered in butter is even better!
Slowly but surely I'm getting back to routine, and for that, too, I am thankful.

~~~~~~~~~
Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

3 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic! Mmmmm, I can just smell it right now......
    ~Jess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to bake some to bring the next time we're over at your house for dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ya! Definitely! I absolutely LOVE sour dough!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...