This morning's muffin is our third selection from Muffins & More by Jean Pare. Perfect for an unexpected snow day -- it's been coming down all day! Enjoy!
And our version:
Whole Wheat Coffee Cake Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
1.5 c. whole wheat pastry flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. sea salt
1/3 c. organic sugar
1 egg (farm fresh, of course!)
1/4 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. milk (raw if you have it)
1/2 t. real vanilla
1/2 c. Rapadura sugar
2 T. whole wheat pastry flour
1 t. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease muffin tin with coconut oil.
2. Combine spice ingredients in a small bowl, set aside.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
4. In a separate bowl combine softened butter, sugar and egg using an electric mixer; add milk and vanilla, stirring well.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring only until moistened - don't over mix your muffins!
6. Fill muffin cups 1/3 full; sprinkle spice mix onto batter.
7. Spoon remaining batter on top of spice mix.
8. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly before removing from muffin tin to wire rack.
We'd love to know if you give any of our muffin recipes a try. Let us know how they turn out or if you put a different spin on them. :)
This is the 8th installment in what will be, Lord willing, our year-long muffin adventure: Muffin Mondays! 52 Mondays, 52 Muffins. (There are 43 more to come, stay tuned...)
For more great recipes, join me over at: Mouthwatering Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Titus2sdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Real Food Wednesdays, Raising Homemakers, Pennywise Platter, Simple Lives Thursday, Feasting in Fellowship Friday, and Fight Back Friday