Monday, February 21, 2011
Muffin Mondays - Blueberry Muffins
This week's muffin comes to us from Tastes of Country, a cookbook edited and published by a local woman here in Yacolt.
A sweet friend gave this cookbook to me as a birthday gift back in 2004, and I've relied on this particular recipe for blueberry muffins ever since!
In keeping with our move toward a more healthful diet, we used whole wheat pastry flour, sea salt, and raw milk. Additionally, we substituted the sugars in the photo below for the white and brown sugars called for in the recipe.
We hope you'll enjoy these as much as we do; let us know if you give them a try! Bon Appetit!
makes 18 muffins
3 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 c. organic sugar
1/2 c. Rapadura sugar
1 T. baking powder
1 t. sea salt
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. melted butter
1 c. milk (raw is best)
1.5 c. blueberries (fresh or frozen, coated w/ 1 T. flour)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease muffin tin with coconut oil.
2. Measure dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix together.
3. Mix melted butter together with eggs and milk.
4. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened (don't over mix your muffins!).
5. Gently stir in floured blueberries; fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
6. Bake 20 minutes. Cool slightly in pan; remove to rack to cool
This is the 7th installment in what will be, Lord willing, our year-long muffin adventure: Muffin Mondays! 52 Mondays, 52 Muffins. (There are 44 more to come, stay tuned...)
Visit these sites for more delicious recipes: Pennywise Platter, Raising Homemakers, Real Food Wednesdays, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Titus 2sdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Mouthwatering Monday, Simple Lives Thursday, Feasting in Fellowship Friday, Fight Back Friday, and This Week's Cravings