Monday, March 14, 2011

Muffin Monday - Peanut Butter Muffins

I'm extra excited about this week's muffin because I love peanuts and peanut butter. Peanut butter on toast dipped in cocoa, peanut butter cookies, peanut butter spread over waffles and pancakes, and an occasional Reeses or peanut m&m -- I think you get the picture. :)


If you enjoy the creamy flavor of peanut butter, these muffins won't disappoint; they taste just like a peanut butter cookie (only less sweet). The next time we make these we'll be adding some chopped peanuts and maybe a few chocolate chips just for fun.

Our recipe this week is, once again, from Muffins & More by Jean Pare. Enjoy!


Our version...

Peanut Butter Muffins
makes 12 muffins

1 1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 c. organic sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. sea salt
1 c. oats
1 1/4 c. raw milk
1/4 c. coconut oil, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. natural peanut butter

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease muffin tin with coconut oil.

2. Combine all dry ingredients except oats in a large mixing bowl.


3. Measure milk, oats, beaten eggs, peanut butter, and coconut oil into a separate bowl and stir well.


4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring only until moistened - don't over mix your muffins!


5. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.


6. Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

7. Cool in pan for five minutes, then remove muffins to wire rack to cool.



Bon appetit!

We'd love to know if you give any of our muffin recipes a try. Let us know how they turn out or if you put a different spin on them. :)

This is the 10th installment in what will be, Lord willing, our year-long muffin adventure: Muffin Mondays! 52 Mondays, 52 Muffins. (There are 41 more to come, stay tuned...)


~~~~~~~~~~
I'm also sharing today's delicious muffin recipe at: Mouthwatering Monday, Healthy Home Economist, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Titus2sdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Real Food Wednesdays, Raising Homemakers, Women Living Well, Pennywise Platter, Simple Lives Thursday, Fight Back Friday, and Feasting in Fellowship Friday

18 comments:

  1. My wife made these muffins today while I was at work. Didn't have all your healthy ingredients on hand but they still turned out great! Thanks for posting the recipe.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything with peanut butter in them! will have to try these soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Stopping by from TMTT, and my husband would love this as he is crazy about peanut butter. I wanted to invite you to check out my Iron Chef Challenge This month's themed ingredient is canned tomatoes, so link up a recipe using those and you could win a prize. It should be a lot of fun, hope you can join us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/19/2011

    Hi! I followed your link from Raising Homemakers, and I'm so glad I did! What wonderful recipes you have posted... We made these for our family of 8 this morning, along with the Strawberry Surprise. We did add a few chocolate chips to these. Both recipes were a big hit! I can't wait to try more of them! Thanks!

    Alana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your kind words! Thanks for stopping by. :) So glad to hear you're enjoying our recipes!

    Blessings to all,

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummm...definitely be trying these soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jackie, Thanks for stopping by. Hope you "try these and love them." :) Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this recipe Mrs. Seifert! Last week I made these, since I'm a huge fan of peanut butter, and everyone thought they were SO delicious! :) I love that you shared your version where you use coconut oil and such. It's fun to not have to "improvise" once in awhile and just follow the recipe! :)

    Heidi~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heidi, So glad your family enjoyed these! We sure did and plan to make them again soon. Blessings! Mrs. S :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was the first of your muffin recipes we linked to (from Food Renegade's Fight Back Friday post) and I must say that I doubt you can top this one. Peanut butter is my favorite and I would just about eat DIRT if it had peanut butter smeared on it. These muffins were so outrageously fragrant I could hardly restrain myself while they were cooling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks!! These are one of our favorites, too. :) Blessings! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, and we'll work hard to keep the recipes coming! Hope you won't be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4/15/2011

    My husband just sampled one of these...definitely a 'make again!' :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah! Glad they turned out well for you and that your husband liked them. :) Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, so I came to make your peanut butter muffins and your vanilla muffins for breakfast tomorrow (Zack's thesis defense) so I wanted to make something special, only to find out that my milk went bad two days ago. :( Sour milk won't do so well.

    Love you,
    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Go up and borrow some from your landlady!! Will be praying for the thesis defense -- your hubby is amazing; he'll do great! Love ya back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I made these last night (for breakfast this morning). I made one change, using whole spelt flour instead of whole wheat. They turned out great- my kids LOVED them! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Our peanut butter muffins are a favorite with my family, too. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I'm glad to know the recipe worked with spelt. Blessings! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...