This week's muffin is (in our humble opinion) one of the best we've baked so far this year! See those overripe bananas in your fruit basket? This is what to do with them. :) Enjoy!
Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
(inspired by this recipe)
makes 12 muffins
2.5 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 c. organic cane sugar (or white sugar)
2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. sea salt
1/2 c. melted butter
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 over-ripe bananas, smashed (about 1 c.)
1. Preheat oven to 375F and grease muffin tin with coconut oil.
2. Measure dry ingredients into a large bowl and whisk together.
3. Whisk egg in a medium bowl; add melted butter, smashed bananas, and buttermilk, mixing well.
4. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened (don't over mix your muffins!); batter will be lumpy.
5. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
6. Bake 20 - 25 minutes; cool on wire rack.
We'd love to know if you give any of our muffin recipes a try. Let us know how they turn out or if you put a different spin on them. :)
This is the 12th installment in what will be, Lord willing, our year-long muffin adventure: Muffin Mondays! 52 Mondays, 52 Muffins. (There are 39 more to come, stay tuned...)
Today's Muffin Monday post is being shared at: Mouthwatering Monday, Healthy Home Economist, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Titus2sdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Real Food Wednesdays, Raising Homemakers, Pennywise Platter, Simple Lives Thursday, Far Above Rubies, Frugal Follies, Wise Woman Linkup, Alli & Son, Fight Back Friday, and Feasting in Fellowship Friday