Wednesday, March 23, 2011

On my needles...

Last week I shared about filling my yarn basket with the colors of spring, and I thought I'd share what I've been creating with all that bright, beautiful color!



Slowly but surely, I'm finishing up the tedious process of writing down my "boots" pattern. With three different sizes, I have to make up a pair of each to test my written instructions -- two pair down, one more on the needles to finish...



And how cool is this? I recently stumbled upon a little blog party called the "Yarn Along" where knitters and crocheters link up to share what they've been working on as well as what they've been reading -- sounds like fun to me!



This is the stack on my nightstand; I like having a variety to choose from as I never know what I'll be in the mood to read myself to sleep with. :)

On top of the stack is When You Rise Up by R.C. Sproul Jr. -- one of my all time favorite books on the "why?" of homeschooling. This one may never leave my nightstand.

Next is After the Flood by Bill Cooper -- A well-researched and documented work tracing the lineage of the peoples of Europe back to Noah's son Japheth. Fascinating.

Primeval Saints by James Jordan -- An enjoyable study of the lives of the patriarchs of Genesis.

Raising Godly Children in an Ungodly World by Ken Ham -- I bought this book when Mr. Ham was in Vancouver for an Answers in Genesis conference and am glad I did.

Raising Maidens of Virtue by Stacy McDonald -- So much encouragement in this wonderful book!

We're also enjoying reading together as a family the book Eagle of the Ninth by Rosemary Sutcliff.

Books and yarn; there just isn't enough time!!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a wonderful pattern you have written as the boots are darling.
    I have never heard of After the Flood, but it sounds like a great read.
    Warmly,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing about Yarn Along. Really fun seeing what others are knitting. :) I love you my friend! J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne, you'll have to link up there, too! Let's plan a get together this spring sometime... Love ya back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...