Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Gratituesday - Counting my blessings

I love Tuesday mornings. There's nothing that gives me more perspective than to count my blessings. To focus on that for which I'm thankful pushes my ever-present tendency to complain from view. The clouds part. And the glorious wonderfulness of my life is revealed. I am truly blessed.

When I came downstairs this morning I noticed that the lettuce and spinach seeds we planted on Saturday night had begun sprouting.



After putting coffee on, I started a fire in our wood stove and it caught right away. More importantly, smoke didn't billow out and fill the house like it did yesterday morning -- a long story not worth telling or complaining about. :)

Our chicks are now five weeks old and thriving in the brooder my amazing husband built.



We had a dusting of snow last night. Nope, I'm not complaining about it because I love the way it looks outside when it snows!



My first Etsy sale to someone I don't know! These "boots" were a custom order by a sweet grandma for her grandson who will be born later this year!



My industrious and handsome 12 year old who loves to eat.



My artistic and beautiful 10 year old who loves to cook.



An incredibly tasty new soup we had for dinner last night. (Jess, I will be sharing the recipe soonish.)



A new recipe to try for Easter: Resurrection Rolls Yep, they're made with refrigerated crescent rolls and marshmallows, but sometimes you've got to compromise. Besides, the kids will love making these!

And above all, looking forward to celebrating Resurrection Day this Sunday!

And can it be that I should gain
An interest in the Savior’s blood?
Died He for me, who caused His pain
For me, who Him to death pursued?
Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?


~Charles Wesley

What are you thankful for today?


~~~~~~~~~~
Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers and for Titus2sdays, Far Above Rubies, Living Well Wednesday, and Raising Homemakers

6 comments:

  1. I was hoping you'd have a picture of the stew! Looks incredibly yummy! Can't wait for the recipe. :)

    Love you,
    Jess~
    http://urbanemindproductions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you could come for dinner so you could taste it! It was sooo good! Love ya back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just posted today on the same thing. do you do this every tuesday? i love that idea. i found your link on the homemaking link-up. here's me: www.arehselfstory.blogspot.com
    (i should've added pictures. i didn't think of it for some reason!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by! Yep, I do the Gratituesday thing here each and every Tuesday and link up over at Heavenly Homemakers. Join the party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please consider sharing your pattern for baby booties. They are so darling. I have a new baby at home and would love to knit up a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Henny Penny, Thanks for your sweet words about my knitted "boots" -- I'm currently in the process of writing up my pattern and will offer it for sale on my Etsy shop as soon as it's complete! I'll be hosting a giveaway here on my blog for an item from my Etsy once my pattern is finished, so stay tuned! Blessings, ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...