Monday, April 25, 2011

Muffin Monday - Whole Wheat Pineapple Muffins

Happy Monday! I trust you all had a blessed time with family and friends celebrating Resurrection Day over the weekend. We had a houseful and enjoyed visiting with family.



We missed those who couldn't join us (my mom, Jess & Zack, and my two sisters along with their families), but we had a good old silly time anyway -- I know it's a little blurry but just had to share...



Notice my dad sitting in the middle holding his two great-grandchildren, acting all dignified and above our silliness. :)

Anyway, with a houseful of people to feed, I baked up a batch of these delicious muffins for breakfast Saturday morning and had planned to use them for today's Muffin Monday post, but while sipping on my morning coffee, I came upon a recipe for pineapple muffins and decided they would be a great way to use some of the leftover pineapple I have in my fridge. I'm glad I did 'cause they're really good and my kids like them. A lot. Being asked for a 3rd muffin is a sure sign we've got a winner!

Today's recipe is once again from Muffins & More by Jean Pare.



These are a quick-to-make basic muffin with a light whole wheat flavor. A small bit of pineapple adds sweetness to each bite.





Whole Wheat Pineapple Muffins
makes 12 muffins

2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1/3 c. organic sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. sea salt
1 egg
6 T. melted butter
1 c. milk
1/2 c. crushed pineapple, well drained

1. Preheat oven to 400F and grease muffin tin (we like to use coconut oil).

2. Measure flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.



3. Stir dry ingredients with a whisk to blend.

4. In a small bowl, beat egg until frothy.



5. Add melted butter, milk, and pineapple to egg.

6. Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring just enough to blend -- don't over mix your muffins! Batter will be lumpy.

7. Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.



8. Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes (ours were done at 18 min.).

9. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Enjoy warm with, or without, a bit of butter...





Bon appetit!

We'd love to know if you give any of our muffin recipes a try. Let us know how they turn out or if you put a different spin on them. :)

This is the 16th installment in what will be, Lord willing, our year-long muffin adventure: Muffin Mondays! 52 Mondays, 52 Muffins. (There are 35 more to come, stay tuned...)


~~~~~~~~~~
Today's Muffin Monday post is being shared at: Mouthwatering Monday, Healthy Home Economist, Muffin Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Titus2sdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Home Sweet Farm, Far Above Rubies, Real Food Wednesdays, Raising Homemakers, Living Well Wednesday, Pennywise Platter, Simple Lives Thursday, and Frugal Food Thursday

Hearth and Soul Hop at the 21st Century Housewife 

15 comments:

  1. Wish we could've been there too! The muffins lookl great!

    Love you,
    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try this recipe, Jess. You'd love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those two pictures! ;D It was so fun spending Easter with you guys!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, aren't they great pics? Not that they turned out great, but what a good representation of our weekend, eh? Love ya back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these sound rather good love pineapple and muffins combination would be great come visit my blog at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have these in the oven right now...and I can testify so far that licking the bowl was delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy! My kiddos loved these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love to try this pineapple muffins, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you think it would work with fresh pineapple (mashed up). I know that fresh and canned have some differences (can't use fresh in jello or it won't set), but I don't know what the chemistry is behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jen, Yes, by all means, use fresh! Hope you enjoy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These muffins sound wonderful. I recently purchased some einkorn grain and am planning on making bread with it tomorrow...but I am also going to grind some extra grain and make your muffins too! My family loves pineapple.

    Love,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary, Thanks for leaving such a nice comment. :) I sure hope your family enjoys our muffin recipe and that they turn out well for you. Blessings, Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just made this muffin and it was amazing! I put coconut flakes in the batter and added A LOT of cinnamon and nutmeg. Instead of butter I used coconut butter for the batter. Thanks so much for posting this recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed these and made them your own by switching things up a bit and adjusting the recipe to satisfy your taste buds! Happy baking, ~Lisa :)

      Delete
  14. Thanx from Australia they are yummy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...