Wednesday, April 13, 2011

On my needles...

Actually, I should've called this post "on my needles and hook" since I've been both knitting and crocheting this week. Either way, I'm joining in on the yarn and book sharing fun at the Yarn Along. If you're looking for project inspiration or an interesting book recommendation, you should check it out!

This week I've been working on a pair of knitted booties for my neighbor's new baby that will be finished when the soles are sewn on as well as a pair of crocheted woolen slippers for my daughter Jessica.





This is before felting, and since I've never felted anything before, I was a little nervous about the outcome...



I'm really pleased with the way they turned out and hope they fit her (they're going in the mail to Escondido tomorrow!).

About the catalog. Around this time of year I always begin thinking of next year's homeschooling -- what period of history we'll be studying, what subjects each of my children need to focus on, what fun "electives" we should cover. The ideas are racing through my mind, and I'm looking forward to browsing through the vendor hall at the upcoming Christian Heritage homeschool conference later this month! For more info on the conference, click on the link on my sidebar.

Praise Her in the Gates by Nancy Wilson is full of great advice for Christian moms. I've read and reread this one, and here I am reading it yet again. In just over 100 pages, Mrs. Wilson shares her wisdom on topics including manners, respecting sons, loving daughters, letting them go, and more. I simply can't recommend this one enough!

Now what are you waiting for? Go check out all the other great projects over at the Yarn Along!


~~~~~~~~~~
Also sharing at Fiber Arts Monday & Crafty Friday

10 comments:

  1. Those grey slippers are GORGEOUS! They turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope my daughter feels the same way about them! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those felted wool slippers are so precious!! I'm working on a handmade quilt using the English Paper Piecing method. I'm sewing hundreds of hexegons together to make a quilt for my 13th grandchild! I haven't knitted for years but those slippers could get me started!
    I love muffins and have several recipes on my blog--feel free to use any recipe (they are all delicioius). Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I've never made a quilt, but it's on my to-do list for some day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited!! They look great, Mom! Thank you so much for being willing to make them for me!

    Love you!
    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! They go in the mail to you today. Love you, too! Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE those slippers! Adorable! Good work! :) J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeanne, Let me know what size you wear and I'll whip up a pair for you. :) ~L

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those! Also LOVE Praise Her in the Gates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Kathy! Gotta love anything by Nancy Wilson...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...