Wednesday, April 20, 2011

On My Needles...

I'm joining in again this week for the yarn and book sharing fun over at the Yarn Along. If you're looking for project inspiration or an interesting book recommendation, you should check it out!



This week's project is a striped vest for my son. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) to finish it so he can wear it on Sunday. I'm using six different shades of Lion Brand's Wool Ease yarn and this pattern from the Better Homes and Gardens website. I opted to not include the cables and shortened the ribbing at the waist line, and because my son is a size 16, I had to adjust the length as the pattern is for sizes 6-14.

Having finished The Eagle of the Ninth last week, the Papa decided on 100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson as our family's next evening read-aloud. The story begins as 12-year-old Henry arrives by bus from Boston to stay with his aunt, uncle, and 3 girl cousins on their Kansas farm. Wilson's description of Henry's arrival had us sucked in by the time Dan had turned the first page. Last night we finished chapter 3, and none of us wanted the reading to stop!

So what's on your needles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...