Wednesday, April 27, 2011

On my needles...

I'm joining in again this week for the yarn and book sharing fun over at the Yarn Along. If you're looking for project inspiration or an interesting book recommendation, you should check it out!

Last week I shared about the knitted vest I was working on for Daniel; I also crocheted a simple "granny square" style poncho for AnnaLynn over the weekend. Both projects were finished in time for wearing on Sunday morning (you can take a look at them here). There's nothing like the satisfaction of finishing a project!



I had a hard time getting a picture that showed the vest's blue stripe in its actual color (Wool-Ease denim), but the picture below is pretty close.



After giving my carpel tunnel afflicted wrist a much needed break on Sunday and Monday, I picked my crochet hook last evening during our family reading time and tried out a variety of stitch patterns for a sun hat I'll be making for a friend who's expecting a baby girl. :)

We're well into N.D. Wilson's 100 Cupboards and are truly enjoying the story as the suspense builds. Each of us has a different idea of what's going to happen next -- I love a book that inspires family conversation!

What's on your hook or needles?

9 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with 100 Cupboards. I'll have to check it out. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your children look beautiful in their new Easter outfits. You did a great job. I haven't read this book either, but I'm adding it to my list to find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TLL - Nice to meet you, too!
    Shara - Thanks for your kind words!

    Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. :) You'll enjoy 100 Cupboards. It's the first of a trilogy, so I'm sure we'll be reading all three. Blessings! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the colors in that vest. Like you I both knit and crochet.

    Stopping by from yarn along. My link is http://blog.mymummyknits.com/yarn-along-18/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet vest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors in that little vest are so perfect together, nice and boyish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I was pretty happy with the way the colors worked out as they weren't the colors my pattern called for (nor was the yarn). You never really know how something's going to look until it's finished! Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your children look gorgeous in their knitwear. I remember having a granny square poncho when I was little, only it was very 70's in colour! The stripes on the vest look very dashing indeed. Nothing like sewing on finishing details in the car at the last minute. I have done that before! Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jacinta, Thanks for the compliments. :) I stopped over at your blog this morning and enjoyed your gorgeous autumn photos! We're still in the thick of an overly rainy spring here in the states. Blessings,

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...