Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Gratituesday - Nothing to complain about...

This morning I woke at 4:30 and just couldn't get back to sleep. Did you know it's still dark at 4:30 a.m.? It's quite. It's peaceful. It's still. I chose not to turn the radio on. Instead I sat in silence, sipped on my coffee, and listened as the chirping birds greeted the day.

Chatting with a friend on Sunday, we discovered that we both liked to rise early in order to have a time of quite solitude (call it "me" time if you must) before everyone else is out of bed and the bustle of the day begins -- time to think, time to plan, time to reflect.

In the morning I like to make lists. To-do lists, shopping lists, project lists, wish lists. I tell myself I make these lists to keep myself on track, but the truth is that I love crossing things off. It gives me that special sense of accomplishment -- know what I mean? Make fun of me if you will, but that's me. :)

This morning, however, I didn't make a list. I didn't write one down, that is. As I sat in the warm, dry comfort of my home, I thought of the many, many folks whose lives have been turned upside down by the recent tornadoes and flooding. Homes have been destroyed, loved ones gone, and I've got a quite and peaceful morning listening to birds chirping. I've got nothing to complain about.

What are you thankful for today?


~~~~~~~~~~
Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers and for Titus2sdays, Far Above Rubies, Living Well Wednesday, and Raising Homemakers

3 comments:

  1. I'm thankful that, though we're 45 min. away from Joplin, the worst we got was a very loud storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joplin is not too far from us either, about 2.5 hours away. My heart has been so heavy for them and when I look around at what all we have I am SO GRATEFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We rarely get such violent weather here in the Pacific northwest -- just can't imagine it. Be safe, everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...