This week's muffin comes to us once again from my tried and true copy of Betty Crocker's Cookbook. The kids and I thought these turned out great, but more importantly, the Papa, who isn't particularly fond of baked fruit or nuts, really liked them, too. Woo-hoo!!
And our version...
Apple Nut Muffins
makes 12 muffins
2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1/3 c. Rapadura (or brown) sugar
1 T. baking powder
1 t. sea salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 c. butter, melted [Note: This is a corrected amount!!]
3/4 c. milk (raw if you have it!)
1 medium organic apple, diced and unpeeled
2 T. Rapadura (or brown) sugar
3 T. chopped walnuts
1/2 t. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400F and grease muffin tin (we like to use coconut oil).
2. Measure flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon into a large bowl and stir together.
3. In a small bowl, mix together topping ingredients; set aside.
4. Whisk egg in a small bowl; stir in milk. Slowly whisk in melted butter, then add diced apple.
5. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened (don't over mix your muffins!).
6. Fill muffin cups and sprinkle tops with topping mixture.
7. Bake about 15-20 minutes or until muffins are a light golden brown.
8. Cool slightly in pan; carefully remove muffins to wire rack.
We'd love to know if you give any of our muffin recipes a try. Let us know how they turn out or if you put a different spin on them. :)
This is the 19th installment in what will be, Lord willing, our year-long muffin adventure: Muffin Mondays! 52 Mondays, 52 Muffins. (There are 32 more to come, stay tuned...)
Today's Muffin Monday post is being shared at: Mouthwatering Monday, Healthy Home Economist, Muffin Monday, Tuesdays at the Table, Titus2sdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Home Sweet Farm, Far Above Rubies, 2 Maids a Baking, Traditional Tuesday, Healthy 2day Wednesday, Real Food Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday, Raising Homemakers, Let's Do Brunch, Pennywise Platter, Simple Lives Thursday, Frugal Food Thursday, Fight Back Friday, and Feasting in Fellowship Friday