Today's recipe was inspired by this one from Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers. I can't quite remember when or how I stumbled upon her website, but I'm sure glad I did. Laura not only hosts the Gratituesday blog party I join on a weekly basis but also is a wealth of info and inspiration for me as I work to improve my family's health through nutrition and dietary changes. Thanks, Laura!
Heavenly Vanilla Muffins
makes 12 muffins
2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1/3 c. organic sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. sea salt
1.5 t. real vanilla
4 T. melted butter
1 c. milk (raw if you have it!)
1. Preheat oven to 400F and grease muffin tin (we like to use coconut oil).
2. Measure flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder into a large bowl and stir together.
3. Whisk egg in a small bowl; stir in milk and vanilla. Slowly whisk in melted butter.
4. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened (don't over mix your muffins!).
5. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
6. Bake about 15 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.
7. Cool slightly in pan; remove muffins to wire rack.
Simple muffin deliciousness -- enjoy!
We'd love to know if you give any of our muffin recipes a try. Let us know how they turn out or if you put a different spin on them. :)
This is the 17th installment in what will be, Lord willing, our year-long muffin adventure: Muffin Mondays! 52 Mondays, 52 Muffins. (There are 34 more to come, stay tuned...)
Today's Muffin Monday post is being shared at: Mouthwatering Monday, Healthy Home Economist, Muffin Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Heavenly Homemakers, Tuesdays at the Table, Titus2sdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Home Sweet Farm, Far Above Rubies, 2 Maids a Baking, Traditional Tuesday, Real Food Wednesdays, Raising Homemakers, Pennywise Platter, Simple Lives Thursday, Frugal Food Thursday, Fight Back Friday, and Feasting in Fellowship Friday