Monday, May 2, 2011

Muffin Monday - Heavenly Vanilla Muffins

Today's recipe was inspired by this one from Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers. I can't quite remember when or how I stumbled upon her website, but I'm sure glad I did. Laura not only hosts the Gratituesday blog party I join on a weekly basis but also is a wealth of info and inspiration for me as I work to improve my family's health through nutrition and dietary changes. Thanks, Laura!



Heavenly Vanilla Muffins
makes 12 muffins

2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1/3 c. organic sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. sea salt
1 egg
1.5 t. real vanilla
4 T. melted butter
1 c. milk (raw if you have it!)

1. Preheat oven to 400F and grease muffin tin (we like to use coconut oil).

2. Measure flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder into a large bowl and stir together.

3. Whisk egg in a small bowl; stir in milk and vanilla. Slowly whisk in melted butter.

4. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened (don't over mix your muffins!).

5. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.



6. Bake about 15 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.

7. Cool slightly in pan; remove muffins to wire rack.



Simple muffin deliciousness -- enjoy!



We'd love to know if you give any of our muffin recipes a try. Let us know how they turn out or if you put a different spin on them. :)

This is the 17th installment in what will be, Lord willing, our year-long muffin adventure: Muffin Mondays! 52 Mondays, 52 Muffins. (There are 34 more to come, stay tuned...)


~~~~~~~~~~
Today's Muffin Monday post is being shared at: Mouthwatering Monday, Healthy Home Economist, Muffin Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Heavenly Homemakers, Tuesdays at the Table, Titus2sdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Home Sweet Farm, Far Above Rubies, 2 Maids a Baking, Traditional Tuesday, Real Food Wednesdays, Raising Homemakers, Pennywise Platter, Simple Lives Thursday, Frugal Food Thursday, Fight Back Friday, and Feasting in Fellowship Friday

17 comments:

  1. Okay, now these look divine! Thanks for sharing. I am from Snohomish, Washington. How about that, we are almost neighbors. Jana http://www.adoctorandanurse.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were in your neck of the woods just this past weekend! Welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and am loving the muffin Monday concept! These sound delicious! I love making muffins for my 5 boys. Muffins are such a great go to for any time of day. I will definitely be trying these and hopefully will backtrack and make some of your others too!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, Welcome! So glad you found us and hope your recipes will be a blessing to your family of boys! Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dole Valley Girl,

    I'm passing through today from the Domestic Divine link-up. :)

    These muffins sound good. I simply LOVE the taste of vanilla, so I know that I will have to give these muffins a-go.

    Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    -L. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. L. Rose, Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoy our recipe. :) Blessings to you, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all things vanilla so I'll have to try these! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made these and the peanut butter muffins today. Both of them are truly scrumptious! I can't wait to try more.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the kind words! Tara, we really, really like the peanut butter muffins, too. :) My daughter and I are having quite a bit of fun testing and converting recipes to our family's liking and are glad so many families are enjoying them. Blessings to you and yours, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm, you had me at Vanilla! These look so perfect and light! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so in love! ..with your vanilla muffin and that made me your follower! Hope you can drop by at my blog and follow me too. www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chels & Marelie - So glad you like, that is, love our vanilla muffins! Blessings to you and yours! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1/09/2012

    Yum!

    I just made these muffins, but I was almost out of everything so I did a lot of substituting!

    1/2 c whole wheat pastry flour
    1/4 c brown rice flour
    1/4 c almond meal
    1/2 c whole wheat flour
    1/2 c all-purpose flour
    1 Tbsp flax meal
    1/3 c turbinado sugar
    Homemade baking powder (I ran out): 3/4 tsp baking soda + 1.5 tsp cream of tartar
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 egg
    1.5 tsp vanilla
    4 Tbsp melted coconut oil
    1 c unsweetened almond milk
    1/4 c mini chocolate chips

    I also sprinkled a little turbinado sugar on top before baking.

    They came out great! My toddler and I are chowing them down!

    -Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rebecca,

    So glad you found a way with the ingredients you had on hand to make these. We've made them ourselves several times as they've become one of our favorites. I use butter and coconut oil pretty interchangeably in my muffin recipes -- always depends on how much of either I've got on hand on a particular day. Thanks so much for sharing your successful adaptation!

    Blessings, ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michelle4/29/2012

    I made these yesterday and added blueberries. They were yummy! I just found your blog and all of your awesome, healthy looking recipes. I'm going to have fun trying a bunch of them out. Thanks!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous6/11/2012

    Hi Lisa,

    I love Muffin Mondays! Thank you so much for posting this blog. We have tried several and have loved them all! I do add about 1/3 cup brown sugar to all the recipes and cut the butter by a Tbsp or so - maybe that makes me feel better for adding sugar - ha!

    Thanks again for this wonderful collection of recipes and many blessings,to you and your family!

    Michelle
    lake Lure, NC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you've made these recipes in a way that works for you and your family -- thanks, Michelle! You've made my and AnnaLynn's day!

      Many blessings to you and yours,

      Lisa :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...