How could we resist?
We bought two packages. One to eat, and one to bake muffins with. This week's recipe was inspired by this one. Enjoy!
Strawberry Shortcake Muffins
makes 12 muffins
2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 c. organic sugar
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. sea salt
1 t. real vanilla
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 - 3/4 c. milk (raw if you have it!)
1.5 c. fresh strawberries, diced
1. Preheat oven to 400F; place cupcake papers in muffin pan.
2. Measure flour, salt, and baking powder into a small bowl and whisk together.
3. Cream together butter and sugar with electric mixer then add egg and vanilla; mix well.
4. Using a slow speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture alternating with milk (you may not need to add all the milk - use what is needed to produce a moist muffin dough); mix just until muffin ingredients are blended.
5. Gently fold in fresh strawberries. :)
6. Fill paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full; sprinkle tops of batter with a pinch of sugar. :)
7. Bake about 20-25 minutes or until muffins are a light golden brown.
8. Cool slightly in pan; carefully remove muffins to wire rack, they will be softer than regular muffins at the bottoms due to the fresh strawberries!
9. For a strawberry shortcake style muffin, enjoy while warm and even add a little freshly whipped cream! Seriously, it tastes just like strawberry shortcake!
10. Or allow to cool completely so they firm up. Either way, these are scrumptious!
We'd love to know if you give any of our muffin recipes a try. Let us know how they turn out or if you put a different spin on them. :)
This is the 18th installment in what will be, Lord willing, our year-long muffin adventure: Muffin Mondays! 52 Mondays, 52 Muffins. (There are 33 more to come, stay tuned...)
Today's Muffin Monday post is being shared at: Mouthwatering Monday, Healthy Home Economist, Muffin Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Titus2sdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Home Sweet Farm, Far Above Rubies, 2 Maids a Baking, Traditional Tuesday, Real Food Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday, Raising Homemakers, Let's Do Brunch, Pennywise Platter, Simple Lives Thursday, Frugal Food Thursday, Fight Back Friday, Full Plate Thursday, and Wise Woman Linkup