Wednesday, May 18, 2011

On my needles...

I'm joining in again this week for the yarn and book sharing fun over at the Yarn Along. If you're looking for project inspiration or an interesting book recommendation, you should check it out!



After playing around with different crochet stitches last week, I decided to continue along that theme as I work on a gift for an upcoming baby shower. I'm using Lion Brand's Cotton Ease and this pattern from the Lion Brand website. The repeating V-stitch in the baby blanket not only creates a nice, light fabric that will be especially nice for the warm summer days to come, but it also provides for another easy-to-work project that doesn't require lots of attention to following a pattern.



I was only able to get through the first chapter of Health for Godly Generations this week and find myself thrilled with this book! Beginning with the premise that it is God who created the earth and everything in it, the author builds a strong case for reexamining the way we raise, grow, and process the plants and animals given to us for our nourishment and enjoyment.

The creationist worldview...gives mankind the privilege of harnessing the plant and animal kingdoms for the mission of cultivating the earth for God's glory.

Good stuff to think about for sure. There's so much more in just this first small chapter that I could share, but I'll have to do that another time in another post; after all, this one is supposed to be about yarn, right? :)


So, what are you reading? What's on your hook or needles?

9 comments:

  1. ooo - I like that pattern - definitely on my 'to do' list - looks lovely!
    God Bless
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book sounds wonderful.
    I really like the pattern of the blanket too - I usually just make really simple things.
    Warm wishes, Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen & Tonya - Thanks for stopping by and for the sweet words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the stitch you're using ... baby blankets are so fun to make, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by!

    I do like the pattern in that baby blanket. It reminds me of a thermal blanket, which would have so many uses. I think I'll have to add that pattern to my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice, really nice pattern :) :) I need to get some baby projects on my list because my cousin will have a baby soon :) this one looks awesome :) thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That blanket is adorable. What a great gift. And the book sounds really interesting. Good food for thought- literally!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that blanket makes me want to learn to crochet!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for all the kind words! As much as I enjoy knitting, I grew up with a mom and grandma who crocheted. I don't think I favor one over the other, but I am sentimental about crocheting because of my childhood exposure to it. Learning to crochet is truly not difficult! Grab a hook, a ball of yarn, and make a chain. :) Blessings! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...