Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Gratituesday - Pulling off a surprise!

My husband is not an easy man to shop for. The man simply doesn't ask for much, and he's not one to go out spending money on himself. Trying to find the perfect gift for him for Christmas, or his birthday, or Father's Day can really be difficult, but this year was different. Without realizing it, he actually gave me a perfect idea, but I was worried he'd figure it out since it came in a big box with a hefty price tag.



Surprise!! Check out that smile. :) Thanks to the help of special friends (thanks, Kochs!) who had stored the monster-sized box for us, we pulled it off!



But more than any fancy grill, my husband's joy is found in his family and the love of his children...



I LOVE this picture.

Our day could've only been made more perfect if our oldest son and daughter could've been here with us.

For what are you thankful today?


~~~~~~~~~~
Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers and for Titus2sdays, Far Above Rubies, Living Well Wednesday, and Raising Homemakers

8 comments:

  1. Dave and I woke up on the top side of the flower bed; that's a blessing and a gift!
    Nice photo of a fine looking family; God bless y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fabulous grill - and what a lovely, lovely photograph! Sounds like you all had a wonderful Father's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! what a great father's day gift. I am sure he LOVED it. And what a great way to make tons of family memories. [o=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't be letting my husband see the grill... ;)

    The shot of your husband and kids is beautiful, what a blessing to have a family. My heart aches for those who don't appreciate what they have, even more for those who wish they had one...

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary & Debbie - I know! Isn't that grill incredible?? I didn't realize what I was buying (thought I was getting a different "not quite as fancy version"), so my man was pretty happy. I wish I'd taken pictures of him grilling on Sunday, but oh well. Blessings to you both! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo...nice grill! Glad you were able to pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! Good man gift! My hubby got a lawnmower and his eyes lit up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheryl & S.A. - Thanks for stopping by! It was a fun surprise to pull off, and I couldn't have done it without the help of our dear friends, that's for sure. How would one ever hide a box that size? Blessings! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...