Saturday, July 9, 2011

Chicken Alfredo Pizza, it's what's for dinner...


With apologies to my carb-avoiding friends...this pizza is sooo good!



Homemade pizza crust topped with a garlic Alfredo sauce, fresh-from-the-garden spinach, herb and garlic-seasoned chicken, and mozzarella cheese. What's not to love?

Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Makes 2 medium pizzas

Two 12" homemade pizza crusts (I'll post my recipe soon!)
Alfredo sauce
Fresh spinach
Garlic chicken
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese.
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese

Alfredo Sauce:
1/4 c. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 oz. cream cheese at room temperature, cut into cubes
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 t. black pepper

Cook garlic in olive oil over medium heat for a minute or two; add cream cheese and stir until smooth. Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.

Garlic Chicken:
2 T. olive oil
1-2 cloves minced garlic
1 lg. boneless, skinless chicken breast
Italian seasoning
Sea salt
Black pepper

Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan along with garlic; add chicken and season generously with Italian seasoning, a little bit of salt, and some black pepper (I don't measure these; I just shake some on to my liking). Cook until chicken is browned and no longer pink in the middle. Remove from pan, cool, and cut into chunks; set aside.

Putting the pizza together:
Spread the Alfredo sauce over prepared homemade pizza dough. Top with fresh spinach leaves, prepared chicken, and shredded cheeses (feel free to pile on additional veggies if you like). Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes until crust is done and cheese begins to brown.

Top with grated Parmesan and a shake of pizza peppers--perfect!



Serve with a freshly picked green salad topped with Ranch dressing (of course!).

Bon appetit!

~~~~~~~~~~

Sharing at Cast Party Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday, and Feasting in Fellowship Friday!

14 comments:

  1. Oh in 4 weeks I will have to make this. You are making my tummy rumble....not fair. [o;

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you do. In the meanwhile, keep up the good work! Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, when can we come for dinner? :) The pizza looked so yummy!

    Love you,
    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  4. September 4th it is! I literally can't wait! Zack's and my mouth are watering. :)

    Love you,
    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking to comment on today's post but couldn't find the button. So I meandered down here and decided that it was providence! I love to make my own pizzas and we've never done an alfredo pizza before. I just pulled the shredded chicken out of the freezer this morning!! Coincidence? I think not...

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie - Is there such a thing? (as coincidence, that is??) I also think not. :) Thanks for the heads up about the comment link being AWOL. It's been doing that lately, and I'm not sure why. Anyway, the comment link on today's post is now up and running.

    You simply must try the pizza tonight; let me know how you like it! Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll have some while you're here next weekend, my friend! Looking forward to it. :) ~L

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This looks Awesome! This is my son's favorite kind of pizza :) I'm having a link party Cast Party Wednesday. This recipe would be a perfect addition. Would you come over and share some of your recipes with us?
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pizza looks so delicious, I just love this combination. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week. Have a great week end!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Moly! I haven't even taken a bite yet but I think this is going to become a regular in our house. Smells so good! I hope you don't mind but I'm gonna share this on my facebook because I think all my friends need to have a chance to see this awesome recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie - Share away! Thanks so much for your kind words and above all, enjoy!! Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...