Monday, July 25, 2011

Muffin Monday - Delicious Peachy Muffins

Yep, this week it's peaches. :)



This week's muffin recipe is a bit different than any we've baked so far this year in that it calls for no eggs, and rather than using a melted fat, the butter is cut in using a pastry blender. The result? A tender, melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness that says SUMMER!



Delicious Peachy Muffins
(inspiration here)
makes 18 tasty muffins

3 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1.5 t. baking soda
1/2 t. sea salt
3/4 c. organic sugar
1 3/4 c. milk (organic or raw if you have it)
3/4 c. butter, diced (not at room temp.)
3 ripe organic peaches, peeled and diced

In a small bowl, mix together for topping:
2 T. butter (optional)
2 T. organic sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 400F and line muffin tin with paper baking cups (we recommend using the papers with these as the peaches make them nice and moist).

2. Measure flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar into a mixing bowl; stir to blend.

3. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mixture until combined and no large butter chunks remain.



4. Add milk to dry ingredients stirring only until moistened - don't over mix your muffins!



5. Gently fold in diced peaches.



6. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.

7. Spoon or sprinkle topping over muffin batter. We tried both topping methods. :)





8. Bake muffins for 15 - 20 minutes; check with a toothpick to be sure they're done.

9. Cool slightly before removing muffins to a wire rack.



Bon appetit!

AnnaLynn and I would love to know if you give any of our muffin recipes a try. Let us know how they turn out or if you put a different spin on them. :)

This is the 29th installment in what will be, Lord willing, our year-long muffin adventure: Muffin Mondays! 52 Mondays, 52 Muffins. (There are 22 more to come, stay tuned...)

~~~~~~~~~~

Today's Muffin Monday post is being shared here: Mouthwatering Monday, Healthy Home Economist, Muffin Monday, Tuesdays at the Table, Tasty Tuesdays, Titus2sdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Home Sweet Farm, Far Above Rubies, 2 Maids a Baking, Living Well Wednesday, Healthy2dayWednedays, Real Food Wednesday, Raising Homemakers, Let's Do Brunch, Frugal Food Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Sweet Tooth Friday, and Feasting in Fellowship Friday

14 comments:

  1. These look great! I think I'm going to try them sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe is cruel. I'm trying to eat a specific way that might help get me back on track. Now baked goods for awhile. :(

    47 eh? Must be the magic (black magic that is) age... I was 47 in May.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for linking this delicious muffin recipe up at Muffin Monday! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fresh peaches. I've never had peach muffins so these will be something new for us. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to look at ALL your muffin recipes when I can actually make them. They make my tummy rumble too much. [o=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about that, Mary. :) I have to be careful to only have one of each batch. Thankfully, my kiddos love having them for snacks and breakfast. Blessings! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look GREAT!! I can't wait to get some more peaches so I can try them out!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the kind words, ladies! Hope you all enjoy these as much as I did. :) ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Yum! Yum! I made these yesterday, and we loved them. Even my boys who don't really want to eat a peach liked the muffins! Thanks for the great recipes.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks good! And I like that it doesn't require eggs b/c I'm out of eggs at the moment and market isn't until Saturday! Might try these tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! Thanks for linking up! Hope you'll write your story soon! My husband was touched by your comment and looks forward to hear the story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie - Yes. 47. :)

    Tara - Thanks for letting us know!! These were the first muffins we've made all year that my hubby wouldn't even taste due to the peaches -- such a shame since they are absolutely delicious! Glad your family enjoyed them. :)

    Rachel - One of these days...

    Blessings to all, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. We just love everything peach in the summertime. Your muffins look so good with great spice and fresh peaches, yummy! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon. Hope you are having a great week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never had a peach muffin before! They look wonderful! I love making muffins when I have out of town guests... I'll definitely save this recipe for our next visitors! Thanks for sharing :)
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...