Yep, this week it's peaches. :)
This week's muffin recipe is a bit different than any we've baked so far this year in that it calls for no eggs, and rather than using a melted fat, the butter is cut in using a pastry blender. The result? A tender, melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness that says SUMMER!
Delicious Peachy Muffins
makes 18 tasty muffins
3 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1.5 t. baking soda
1/2 t. sea salt
3/4 c. organic sugar
1 3/4 c. milk (organic or raw if you have it)
3/4 c. butter, diced (not at room temp.)
3 ripe organic peaches, peeled and diced
In a small bowl, mix together for topping:
2 T. butter (optional)
2 T. organic sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400F and line muffin tin with paper baking cups (we recommend using the papers with these as the peaches make them nice and moist).
2. Measure flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar into a mixing bowl; stir to blend.
3. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mixture until combined and no large butter chunks remain.
4. Add milk to dry ingredients stirring only until moistened - don't over mix your muffins!
5. Gently fold in diced peaches.
6. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
7. Spoon or sprinkle topping over muffin batter. We tried both topping methods. :)
8. Bake muffins for 15 - 20 minutes; check with a toothpick to be sure they're done.
9. Cool slightly before removing muffins to a wire rack.
AnnaLynn and I would love to know if you give any of our muffin recipes a try. Let us know how they turn out or if you put a different spin on them. :)
This is the 29th installment in what will be, Lord willing, our year-long muffin adventure: Muffin Mondays! 52 Mondays, 52 Muffins. (There are 22 more to come, stay tuned...)
Today's Muffin Monday post is being shared here: Mouthwatering Monday, Healthy Home Economist, Muffin Monday, Tuesdays at the Table, Tasty Tuesdays, Titus2sdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Home Sweet Farm, Far Above Rubies, 2 Maids a Baking, Living Well Wednesday, Healthy2dayWednedays, Real Food Wednesday, Raising Homemakers, Let's Do Brunch, Frugal Food Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Sweet Tooth Friday, and Feasting in Fellowship Friday