Chocolate + coffee = delicious!
Mocha Nut Muffins
1 c. whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
2/3 c. rapadura (or white sugar)
1/2 t. aluminum free baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. sea salt
1 c. chopped walnuts (or nut of choice)
3/4 c. quality chocolate chips
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 t. real vanilla
1/2 c. melted coconut oil or butter
1/4 c. strong black coffee (at room temp.)
1. Preheat oven to 375F and line muffin tin with cupcake papers.
2. Measure all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl; stir to blend.
3. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl; stir in buttermilk, vanilla, and coffee. Slowly whisk melted coconut oil or butter into the buttermilk mixture.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring only until moistened - don't over mix your muffins!
5. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
6. Bake muffins for about 20 minutes; check with a toothpick to be sure they're done.
7. Allow muffins to cool a minute or two before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.
8. Be sure to take a picture of your baking assistant. :)
AnnaLynn and I would love to know if you give any of our muffin recipes a try. Let us know how they turn out or if you put a different spin on them. :)
This is the 27th installment in what will be, Lord willing, our year-long muffin adventure: Muffin Mondays! 52 Mondays, 52 Muffins. (There are 24 more to come, stay tuned...)
And how cool is this?? We were featured by Miz Helen!
Today's Muffin Monday post is being shared at: Mouthwatering Monday, Titus2sdays, Far Above Rubies, 2 Maids a Baking, Healthy2dayWednedays, Raising Homemakers, Women Living Well, Let's Do Brunch, Full Plate Thursday, Cast Party Wednesday, Pennywise Platter, Sweet Tooth Friday, Feasting in Fellowship Friday, and Sweets for a Saturday