Monday, July 11, 2011

Muffin Monday - Whole Wheat Mocha Nut Muffins

Chocolate + coffee = delicious!



Mocha Nut Muffins
(inspiration here)
makes 12

1 c. whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
2/3 c. rapadura (or white sugar)
1/2 t. aluminum free baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. sea salt
1 c. chopped walnuts (or nut of choice)
3/4 c. quality chocolate chips
2 eggs
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 t. real vanilla
1/2 c. melted coconut oil or butter
1/4 c. strong black coffee (at room temp.)

1. Preheat oven to 375F and line muffin tin with cupcake papers.

2. Measure all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl; stir to blend.

3. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl; stir in buttermilk, vanilla, and coffee. Slowly whisk melted coconut oil or butter into the buttermilk mixture.

4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring only until moistened - don't over mix your muffins!

5. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.



6. Bake muffins for about 20 minutes; check with a toothpick to be sure they're done.




7. Allow muffins to cool a minute or two before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.




8. Be sure to take a picture of your baking assistant. :)



Bon appetit!



AnnaLynn and I would love to know if you give any of our muffin recipes a try. Let us know how they turn out or if you put a different spin on them. :)

This is the 27th installment in what will be, Lord willing, our year-long muffin adventure: Muffin Mondays! 52 Mondays, 52 Muffins. (There are 24 more to come, stay tuned...)

And how cool is this?? We were featured by Miz Helen!

Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

Today's Muffin Monday post is being shared at: Mouthwatering Monday, Titus2sdays, Far Above Rubies, 2 Maids a Baking, Healthy2dayWednedays, Raising Homemakers, Women Living Well, Let's Do Brunch, Full Plate Thursday, Cast Party Wednesday, Pennywise Platter, Sweet Tooth Friday, Feasting in Fellowship Friday, and Sweets for a Saturday

15 comments:

  1. I'm going to try to give these a go this morning. I'll let you know!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How delicious! I'm going to have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely have to try this! I am putting it on my recipe list right now. Ever thought of adding zucchini??!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy - It's a brand new recipe to us, so this is actually the very first time we've made these. I'm sure some shredded zucchini would be a nice touch. If you do give these a try, we'd love to hear how they turn out. Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little ones are just precious! This really a great muffin recipe. They just look delicious and I can't wait to try one. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week. Have a great week end!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miz Helen - You are so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your baking assistant is sweeter than the the muffins. The muffins look delicious and I am sure you all enjoyed them. We appreciate the link to Let's Do Brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely photo of your daughter! And those muffins sound fantastic. We love mocha in our house! Thank you for sharing another yummy recipe with Let's Do Brunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look awesome!! Following you from feasting in friendship friday...hope you'll follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You for sharing your recipes with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I would love to see more of your recipes tomorrow!
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7/21/2011

    We are far more diligent about checking in for muffin recipes than we are about letting you know that we are inspired by you to make zillions of muffins! My 12yo daughter and I made these this morning. We always use 100% ww flour in all of your recipes (which is all I ever have in the pantry) and if we toss in an additional small egg, or a "glug" of whatever the liquid is, it works out every time. Today we used milk kefir instead of buttermilk and added 2T. cocoa powder(because we think if some chocolate is good, MORE is better). Yummy hardly begins to describe the results.--Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holly - Wow!! Thank you SO MUCH for your kind words and especially for taking the time to let us know your family is enjoying our recipes. What a blessing your comment is to AnnaLynn and myself! :) We especially enjoyed these muffins ourselves, but I have to be careful not to enjoy too many as I want to continue fitting into my clothes! Blessings to you and yours, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Lisa on your feature at Full Plate Thursday. I am so happy you picked up your Red Plate. Hope you are having a great week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmmmm I took myself off of coffee but I am going to bookmark this so I can have a cheat day soon. [o;

    Blessings and ((HUGS))!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mary, I hope you won't be cheating on my account!! Ba good. :) ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...