Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Gratituesday - 19 years...


19 years ago I married the most amazing man.


Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

~I Corinthians 13:4-7


Thank you, Dan, for putting up with me, indulging my whims (sometimes), tolerating my moodiness, telling me I'm beautiful when I don't feel so much that way, and for still being here. (Everything :))



I pray that more and more I will become the woman -- the helpmeet -- that God designed for me to be for you. I pray that I will grow more and more content with who you are and where we are and that I will stop trying to take the wheel. I pray that God will change me and take away my pipe dreams. I pray that I will love YOU more.



For 19 years you have known me; there is no one who knows me better. Thank you for loving me despite myself.

Happy Anniversary!
xoxo

For the rest of you, go ahead and click here and here for a peek as well as a good laugh at some old pics of us--mullet and poofy 80's bangs--haha! :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers! Also sharing at Titus 2sday, Domestically Divine, and Women Living Well :)

16 comments:

  1. I am sure you look back and you see where Our Lord has shown you, has molded you , has changed you to become the woman He wanted you to be for the partner He chose for you.

    Enjoy this new year. May it be filled with joy and new memories.

    Love,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timothy and Jeanne Hisey8/23/2011

    Happy Anniversary!!! We love you both! T&J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Love to see the love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies. :) Maria, yes, yes! But to continue to be molded is my greatest desire -- to not be complacent. Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful post. And thanks for stopping by my blog as well. :) Found you through Heavenly Homemakers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! I love the photos. I remember wearing the big socks and white Keds too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary!!! I wish you many more filled with happy days and months in between. Husbands are a true blessing. :-)

    Chels

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Great photos of you and your sweetie! Thanks for sharing. : )

    My husband and I are coming up on our 18 year anniversary in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the sweet words!

    Dottie - welcome to our little corner of blogland. :)

    Theresa - Keds...oh my! And the oversized shirts over leggings, too. :)

    Chelsea - Thanks. Husbands are indeed a blessing.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle - 18 years! Congrats to you and your man! Blessings to you, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary! I am just catching up on your blog. I love this post! And the poofy-mullet photos. We have some like that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, and Happy Anniversary!
    I Corinthians 13 is my favorite chapter in the bible! Blessings to you in the coming years!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the anniversary wishes. Happy BELATED Anniversary. I hope God blesses you with MANY more years together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much, each of you, for your kind words! We are indeed blessed! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! Happy Late Anniversary! I'm amazed at how quickly the years go by. Blessings for many more happy years!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...