Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Gratituesday - Gratitude is happiness...


I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.

~G.K. Chesterton

If gratitude is happiness, then I am doubled with wonder by:

A lazy afternoon at the river with my sweeties.



Freshly picked peas...in August.



Green beans that are loving the warm sunshine we've been blessed with of late.



Lavender.



Freshly picked strawberries...in August.



Homemade raspberry/blueberry jam...



...on homemade rolls.



Spring hens that have begun laying.



My blooming hoya.



And my incredible husband who turns 48 today. I love you, Dan!!

How about you? For what are you thankful today?

~~~~~~~~~~

Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers! Also sharing at Domestically Divine and Titus 2sday

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and thoughts...

    I'm grateful for a God who hears my thoughts and answers before I call...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI FRIEND THANKS FOR VISITING ME...LOVE YOUR DEVOTIONAL TODAY ABOUT GRATITUDE ITS SOMETHING THAT WE ALWAYS MUST BE GRATEFULL..IS SO MANY TO BE GRATEFULL FOR ..SPECIALLY THAT WE ARE GODS CHILDREN NOW AND CAN CALL HIM ABBA FATHER!
    SHALOM...SORAYA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so upset with myself for not just going ahead and planting my peas late. I was just sure they wouldn't make it. Good 'ol hind sight would have shown me differently!

    Lovely list of thankfuls... I have a thankful coming tomorrow!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie - It's always 20/20, don't you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I love this type of post. I will have to copy cat you. [o; What wonderful things and people the Lord has blessed you with. We are waiting for the peas. Well we have had Brazilian snow peas and still waiting for the sugar snap peas. Today we are going to pick our Swiss chard.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...