Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gratituesday - Nice people :)


Some people are genuinely nice. Take Shara for example. A sweet blogger living in North Carolina, Shara recently posted photos and descriptions of some no-longer-needed homeschool curriculum and simply asked, "Anyone want these?" Amazing how the Lord works sometimes, you know? I'd been looking for this very book and wasn't able to find it locally, so I figured we weren't supposed to use it this year.



But!! There in Shara's post was the book! There it was all the way across the country and now it's in my school room here in Washington ready to be used to expand our vocabulary horizons.

I'm planning to follow Shara's example when we're finished and will offer it up at the end of the school year, so if you think you'd like to add this book to next year's curriculum, send me a note!

Thank you, Shara!!

And while I'm at it, let me ask you all to say a quick prayer for her and her family and everyone who may have been affected by the devastation of Hurricane Irene.

~~~~~~~~~~

Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers! Also sharing at: Far Above Rubies, Titus 2sday, and Living Well Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. Lisa,

    What a great thing to be thankful for and what a wonderful gift from above. My this bless you this coming year and then bless the next family who needs it.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! And I love that you will pass your curriculum on! I made the decision this year to take my things to our beginning of the year home school picnic and see if anyone can use what I'm finished with. No selling this year. Perhaps we will see more of this as His Spirit prompts. How exciting!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when people pass along kind gestures - it seems to make the day a little brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Shara's post. It struck me then as a really great way to both share resources with others and clean out your house! Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when things work out like that. I also LOVED vocabulary development!! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great thing to be thankful for come see what i shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...