Wednesday, August 31, 2011

On my needles... Something different


I set Jessica's scarf aside this week to work on my beanie stash for the upcoming holiday bazaar season. The yarn is Bernat's Mosaic in "calypso" -- what fun colors! I love the way they blend one into the other and how knitting a beanie in two different sizes caused the striping to work up a little differently on each.



I also set aside The Help this week; I'll finish it, Lord willing, in the next couple days. Can't wait to see how it ends!

Beowulf is our first read aloud of the new school year--what a way to start! We are looking forward to reading our way from the fall of Rome through the Middle Ages this year; there is so much excellent historical fiction for this time period that it's often difficult to decide what not to read.

Sharing at the Yarn Along :)

9 comments:

  1. The beanies look terrific! I remember reading Beowulf with my dd, I lucked out, our library had the translation by Seamus Heaney...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh what fun you are having! And I LOVE love love those colours. [o= I have to give a update on what is on my needles. Hmmmm maybe tomorrow.

    Okay I have to get the granola made before hubby comes home. My computer fix is filled and back to work now. [o;

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    I couldn't get the email thing you linked in my cbox. ((sigh)) maybe post a comment and I won't publish and I can then email you. I would love to start thinking when we can meet up in Seattle.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOO~ really love that yarn. Might have to head over to JoAnn's and find some. Have you ever knit with Noro? Does the same thing, but is wool. I use that for my felted purses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful beanies sure to brighten someone's winter time, and keep the heads warm.
    Enjoy the journey through the ages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the nice comments, ladies. :)

    Pamela - Never used Noro but will have to get me some to try out; I like working with wool so much more than acrylic...

    Mistea - Love the blue and orange. :) Thanks for stopping by!

    Blessings to all, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love the beanies!! I haven't read The Help yet, but I want to. Can't seem to find the time just yet. And that's a tall order for the reading y'all have, but I am sure it will be worth it in the end. I remember Beowulf from highschool. I struggled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous yarn! Made fabulous hats!! They really are just beautiful.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sonia & Debbie - Thanks. :) Sonia, you simply must read The Help if you have time!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the yarn colors! Some day I will get the hang of knitting enough to try something small - small needles terify me!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...