Saturday, August 27, 2011

Tillamook Cheese Factory :)


One of our favorite things about our annual camping trip at the Oregon coast is visiting the Tillamook Cheese Factory.

After walking through the line of free cheese samples, we always browse the vast selection of cheeses and other offerings to select our favorites.

Mine is the cheese curds...



Squeaky and a little bit salty...yet delicious.



The medium is for me, the extra sharp for Dan...



I found these in the gift shop and couldn't resist!



And last, but not least, is the ice cream! No trip to Tillamook would be complete without it!



Double scoop waffle cones!! Sweet indulgence. :)

Can't wait for next year...

7 comments:

  1. Ohhh that sounds soooooo yummy. I haven't had a waffle cone what seems like forever. What do you do with the curds?

    Blessings!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curds are for eating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee he. I was wondering if you made the French Canadian dish of Poutine. [o=

    If you are curious go here...

    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/real-poutine/detail.aspx

    Things you get to learn from your friend up North, lol.

    Blessings!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, we make that ALL the time. :)

    Canned gravy -- really?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, I'm curious if you've ever had it yourself. :) I'm thinking that next time I make a roast, I'm going to have to save some gravy just for this dish. I think my kids would love it. :) Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had some for the first time a few months ago. I think I would like it better if it was made from homemade gravy. I know my two older boys love ordering it at the ski hill. [o= I think I need to go up there and try theirs or make some at home. [o;

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cheese looks delish! There was a cheese factory near where I lived in CA, but I never made it over there. I wish I had, though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...