Thursday, September 1, 2011

A blog award -- such fun! :)


Happy September! Hard to believe we've only got a few weeks left of summer -- time flies.

And boy does it! Exactly two weeks ago I was awarded a Liebster Blog Award by Michelle of Sweet Treats and Inspiration! My sincere apologies for not sharing the exciting news sooner; my tardiness in posting about this in no way reflects my excitement and thankfulness. :)

Don't know what a "Liebster" is? I didn't either so I borrowed this from Michelle:
It is my understanding that "Liebster" is a German word meaning dear, sweet, kind, nice, good, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Thanks so much, Michelle, what a sweet treat! :)


The Liebster is awarded to spotlight up and coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers.

How fun is that? Now for the rules...

1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.

2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.

3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.

4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.

5. And most of all - have fun!

My picks for the Liebster Blog Award  are (the envelope, please)...

Mary's Little Corner - Mary has a sweet spirit and loves the Lord. She and her family homestead up in Canada on what (from her pictures) looks to be a beautiful piece of land. I "met" Mary by commenting on one of her "She wears a skirt" posts.

Proverbs 31 Hands - Sonia's writing, which is neither narrow minded or antiquated, makes me think; she's not afraid to say what's on her mind, and she says it well. Her story about adopting from China is heartwarming.

Garden of Hope - Rebecca is a sweet and inspiring young lady who attends our church; she works at JoAnn's, makes homemade jam, and enjoys creating beautifully sewn or hand knitted items and selling them in her Etsy shop.

Jabez Farm - Kim lives on a farm not too far from where I live (maybe some day I'll get to meet her); she posts about farm life, recipes, and most importantly, she makes me laugh. :)  I do have to confess that I'm jealous because she's met and been photographed with Joel Salatin.

No Spring Chicken - Debbie knits and blogs about all sorts of fun things going on with her lovely family and their life in central Oregon. Her posts are unique and poetic, and her photography is beautiful.

Ladies, many thanks for inspiring me each in your own unique way. :)

5 comments:

  1. Thank you soooooooo much for this award. I will pass it on next week.

    I am getting ready for a BIG hike leaving Saturday. [o= We are going on a 4 mile hike up one of our mountain's. I will be showing a picture tomorrow what it looks like. [o= I hope everything gets done in time.

    Blessings!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an award that I've never heard of before. Sounds like a goodie, and I'm glad that you received it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!! I wish share with some of my favorites! It's so kind of you to share it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww....Thank you Lisa! I will definitely share this! I'm glad that you were honored with this award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're quite welcome, Lisa! Thank you for the "shout out"! I appreciate it! I look forward to checking out the blogs you've posted as well. : )

    Sweet Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...