Monday, September 12, 2011

Muffin Monday - Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins & a special guest :)

We are thrilled to have with us for today's Muffin Monday the lovely Jessica (she who in only two days will be flying off to Oxford)!! It was a real treat to have her photograph our baking session this afternoon. :)



Today's recipe comes to us from Jean Pare's Company's Coming - Muffins & More. Enjoy these muffins warm with real butter. Mmmm!



Our version...

Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins
makes 12 muffins

2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1 t. sea salt
1.5 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. allspice
1/3 c. organic whole cane sugar
1/2 c. milk (raw if you have it)
1 egg
1/3 c. coconut oil or butter, melted
1 c. shredded zucchini

Preheat oven to 400F and line muffin tins with paper baking cups or lightly grease using coconut oil.



Measure the flour, sea salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and allspice into a large mixing bowl; stir with a whisk to blend.



Shred zucchini.



Whisk eggs until frothy.



Stir milk, coconut oil, and zucchini into egg.





Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened -- don't over mix your muffins!

Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.



Bake for 18 - 20 minutes; check with a toothpick to be sure they're done. Cool slightly before removing muffins to a wire rack.



Bon appetit!

~~~~~~~~~~

We would love to know if you give any of our muffin recipes a try. Let us know how they turn out or if you put a different spin on them. :)

This is the 36th installment in what will be, Lord willing, our year-long muffin adventure: Muffin Mondays! 52 Mondays, 52 Muffins. There are 15 more to come, stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~
Sharing this week's muffin recipe here: Mouthwatering Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Titus2sday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tuesday at the Table, Far Above Rubies, 2 Maids a Baking, Living Well Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, This Chick Cooks, Healthy 2day Wednesday, Raising Homemakers, Let's Do Brunch, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Full Plate Thursday, and Feasting in Fellowship Friday

15 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite muffins. Thanks for sharing! :)

    m.b.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think you could use frozen shredded zucchini for this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I might have to make these real soon. I picked some zucchini's that got away from me, lol.

    I will see how it goes. Right now I am focusing on breathing and trying not to feel to pressed for time.

    I hope to post about the garlic festival but sadly I once again had dead batteries and no photos. ((sniff sniff)) But I can share what we bought. [o=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    PS: (hint) One thing I bought from home from the fair was more beeswax. ((grin))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria - You're welcome!

    Laura - I'm sure that frozen zucchini would work just as well as fresh. If you thaw it, I would drain the excess liquid before adding it to the batter, though. Enjoy!

    Mary - Hope you had a successful fair! Can't wait to see what you make with that beeswax!

    Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! These look great. I love zucchini bread but have to be careful to not wipe out a loaf at a time...lol. A muffin (maybe two) would do the trick. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh Lisa,

    I still have the fair to work and sell at this coming Sunday. This last Sunday I got to go have fun and walk around, rub noses with the farmers and artistain's and purchase things. [o= I will share all about it ,I promise.

    Blessings!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's SO great to see Jessica! I've been thinking about you with joy, knowing she is there with you! Hoping you are making many beautiful memories that will carry you through the long absence. I love you all! J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeanne - I KNOW! Please keep me in your prayers (and her and Z, of course!). Tomorrow is their big traveling/moving day -- tonight we're having his family over for dinner for a final family time. Jess is planning to shoot lots of photos which I'll share when I recover. :) Love ya! ~L

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa! These look wonderful! Thanks for sharing the recipe. : )

    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely photographs! It's so lovely to be together in the kitchen making memories! Your whole wheat zucchini muffins sound really delicious - I like the addition of the warming cinnamon and allspice. Thank you so much for sharing this post with Let's Do Brunch!
    Blessings,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love zucchini bread..so will have to try this...marking it right now.

    You did a great job showing with pictures...I bet you all had fun

    ReplyDelete
  12. The photos are all my daughter Jessica's doing -- she's fantastically gifted with a camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photo of the cooks! This is a great muffin, it looks so moist and full of flavor! Hope you are having a great week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Guess what! I made them last night and we LOVE them! Thank you for all your inspiration in muffins. I plan to try out so many more. ((happy dance)) Hmmmm do you have one for pumpkins yet??? I will have to do a search on your blog. [o=

    Okay back to getting ready for the Canadian Thanksgiving. [o=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you liked them! Pumpkin is coming on Monday. :) Blessings, ~Lisa

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...