Saturday, October 15, 2011

Easy Peasy Homemade Vanilla Coffee Syrup

Coffee.  Mmmm

My morning cup looks like this:



Black with just a pinch of stevia. Perfect.

Dan's looks like this:



He loves his morning latte. Vanilla latte, that is. (And let me brag on him by saying that he really does make a terrific latte!) When you have to leave the house before 6:30 every morning, a good cup of coffee is a must. But who wants to give their hard earned dollars to Starbucks? Not us. Thanks to a sweet friend in Montana who shared her recipe with us, we've been making our own vanilla coffee syrup for a couple years now, and since we're sharing our recipe, now you can make your own, too. :)



Vanilla Coffee Syrup
makes about 3 cups

2.5 c. water
1 2/3 c. sugar (we use organic but white will do)
5 t. real vanilla

Measure water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Carefully stir sugar into boiling water; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add vanilla, stir, and allow to cool completely. Pour syrup into a glass coffee syrup bottle (perhaps an old one you've saved) using a funnel. Store syrup in closed bottle at room temperature. That's it! Easy peasy. :)



Click on the Homemade Pantry tab above for more healthier-than-store-bought homemade recipes and ideas -- save money and avoid all those nasty artificial ingredients by making your own!

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

14 comments:

  1. Okay, quick question regarding the syrup. :) I made it back when we lived in Vancouver and after only a few days it would mold on the top. How do you keep yours from doing that? I always stored it in a closed container (a glass jar and screw on lid).

    Love you!
    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  2. How weird. We've NEVER had that happen, so my only suggestion is to be certain your container is clean; maybe wash it immediately prior to filling it up with the syrup. Other than that, I really don't know what else to tell you. :( You'll have to let me know if you give it another try. Love ya back!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't put anything in my coffee, but yours looks delicious :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a link I will use! And this is a recipe I will use... I'm afraid I'm more of a Dan than a Lisa. :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmm
    Después de preparar las mamaderas con leche...yo tomo mi café por la mañana!!!
    mmmm ese es mi momento!!!!

    Saludos

    Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa!!!
    this looks great-would make great Christmas gifts, yes???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pamela - Yes, I do believe it would. What a great idea! :)

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE vanilla coffee and almost never have it anymore since I gave up shelling out money to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts everyday. Thank you for the recipe; I'll be a happy-camper, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you think you could switch out the vanilla for coconut extract?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peris, I don't see why it wouldn't work. You could always make a half recipe just to try it... Please let me know if you do and how it turns out!

      Blessings, ~Lisa

      Delete
  10. Yum! I like my coffee with lots of cream and a few drops of liquid stevia. I also love to put cinnamon and vanilla in the grinds before they brew... mmmm! Thanks for linking up to Healthy 2Day Wednesday. See you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the idea of adding cinnamon and vanilla before brewing...will have to give it a try! Thanks for visiting, Anne. :) ~Lisa

      Delete
  11. You specifically said glass bottle, would a plastic one work, I'm thinking for when we will be using our camper all the time this summer... Glass has to be wrapped and protected from bumps along the road... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I'm sure plastic will work fine! We dream of owning a camper...enjoy!! ~Lisa ;)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...