Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday Favorites

The Internet is a vast resource for just about any information you're looking for, don't you agree? Throughout the week I perform numerous searches (surf, actually, let's be real!) and stumble upon more ideas and articles than I could ever possibly use or read. Often what I find isn't worth mentioning, but occasionally, I come across something that makes my day -- gems of wisdom, words of encouragement, craft ideas, recipes to try, and even the occasional source of a good laugh. :)

Now I don't promise to do this every Friday, but here are a few of my favorites from this week:

Let's start with a few words of encouragement for homemakers: A Brief Statement Regarding Homemakers

Next up is a simple and inexpensive craft idea I found for AnnaLynn to try: Faddish Felt Flower Tutorial

And finally, an interesting article on traditional methods of cooking pork from The Weston A. Price Foundation.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, dear Lisa! Have a glorious day with your family! Blessings and love~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pamela!! Happy birthday to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the links! [o= So did the desert and chili turn out? Did you all go to the conference??? Or did the cold win out? I am making apple sauce and bread today. Plus I got to pull out the last of the carrots and harvest the last bit of parsley.

    Praying blessings on your week end.
    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,

    I loved the article on Homemakers, very encouraging! Interestingly enough, I joined the Weston A Price Foundation just about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and today my Fall 2011 issue of "Wise Traditions" arrived in the mail...that is where the article on pork appeared! I hadn't gotten to read that one yet, so I read it via your online link instead. I found it fascinating! My mom taught me to always boil my pork spareribs before grilling/broiling them, so most of the fat would boil out of them and they wouldn't be so greasy. When we boil them, it's ALWAYS in a vinegar-brine type of solution! They taste fantastic, and now I know that maybe they're not such a "guilty pleasure" afterall, LOL!

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...