Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gratituesday - I love fall (favorite soup recipes)

The cool rainy days of fall typical here in the Pacific NW have returned -- days that make settling back into the routine of lessons around the kitchen table, cozy afternoons reading by the fire, and earlier bedtimes easy. Life slows down. Morning comes later and later with each passing day, and the afternoons grow shorter. I love fall.

Of the many, many reasons that I love fall, a simmering pot of soup or stew on the stove is one of my favorites.

Soup is the song of the hearth... and the home.
~Louis P. De Gouy, 'The Soup Book' (1949)


Sour Cream Potato Soup


Poor Man's Stew

For what are you thankful today?

However many blessings we expect from God, His infinite liberality will always exceed all our wishes and our thoughts. ~John Calvin

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. ~I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes I love these times of coziness. Those soups look soooooooooo yummy!

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is my favorite season. I love the cool crispy evenings and the beauty of leaves as they begin to change colors. There is something about Fall that makes me breath easier. Love your post and thank you for stopping by mine :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soups are the best! In my home country, they are a staple :)

    Blessings,

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to make these soups and stews as my mouth was watering as I read your post! I gotta put our little crockpot to work!

    I love you!
    Jess~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...