Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gratituesday - Bazaar fun with AnnaLynn :)

Check in time Saturday morning for our first holiday bazaar was 7:30 which meant an early departure time (6:40) and a really early wake up call which came around 5 a.m. Yawn! Thank God for alarm clocks, for coffee, and for the sunny morning as well! It's no fun loading and unloading in the rain. :)

Last year we were assigned a table directly across from the "Scentsy" lady which was nice (lots of traffic) but also not so nice (as in having to smell all those fragrances all day gave me a terrible headache). Thankfully, I was able to talk my way into a different location this year and was blessed to be placed next to another high-traffic seller whose product was crocheted doggy sweaters. Let me tell you, this woman almost sold out she was so busy. But seriously. Doggy sweaters? And the amount that people were willing to pay! I'm not a dog lover, so I guess I just don't get it... Anyway, this gal was fun to chat with throughout the day, and I was thrilled for her as she's been out of work for quite some time--thank you, Lord!

Here's a photo of our little "Happy in Dole Valley" shop early in the day with my lovely co-proprietor, AnnaLynn:



I know they're tiny in the picture, but please take note of all the earrings hanging on my crocheted jewelry frames. Lovely, lovely earrings loaned to us by my dear, sweet friend Sabina who saved our day. Really. Yes, there is a story here...

When we were setting up I realized I'd forgotten the earrings I had planned to hang on said jewelry frames. Now exactly how was I supposed to sell any without the earrings to demonstrate how they look and how they work? A quick phone call to Dan who made another quick phone call and my problem was solved. Thank you, Sabina!! I owe you big time!

We had a great day visiting with the other vendors as well as our customers and were blessed tremendously by how much we sold. Selling homemade crafts is a lot of work, and I simply couldn't do it without the help of my mini-me. AnnaLynn makes and sells beaded bracelets for little girls, magnets, and our hand-rolled beeswax candles. She's learning to greet and visit with customers and how to share with them the unique details about our eclectic collection. She's learning how to handle money and make change. I think the part she enjoyed the most, though, was keeping track of our sales throughout the day. ;)  As for me, spending the day working with my girl? Priceless.

One bazaar down, two more to go. Our Oxford fund is growing!

However many blessings we expect from God, His infinite liberality will always exceed all our wishes and our thoughts. ~John Calvin

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. ~I Thessalonians 5:16-18

For what are you thankful today?
Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!
Also sharing on Wednesday at Raising Homemakers. :)

10 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! Hope someday I'll be able to be a co-proprietor with you!

    Love you,
    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love nothing more!! Would be soooo much fun, eh? xoxo ~Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Lisa! Glad this one went well! Hope the next two are just as good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful day! Your booth looks so inviting and what wonderful wears you have. [o= I can confirm you have the most wonderful handiwork. I love my hat! I hope to sample some soap in the future. [o=

    Praying the coming fairs are just as good if not BETTER.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pamela & Mary - Thanks so much for your kind words and well wishes! ~Lisa :)

    PS: Mary, praying the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your enterprising endeavors create an attractive table display. I especially like your knitted caps, hats, and bonnets. (I clicked to enlarge the photo.) The knitted roses are so pretty. I've been meaning to make some. Did you knit the cardigan/vest your daughter is wearing also?
    From one knitter to another: well done.
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa, what a lovely booth! And what wonderful lessons your sweet daughter is learning :-) They will serve her well all the days of her life! I love entrepreneurship...you did a great job!

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, Thank you for your kind words. :) My daughter's vest is one we picked up at a consignment shop; I would like to knit one like it in the future as it's really very cute and has lots of interesting detail.

    Lori, Thanks so much! My prayer is that Anna will learn these lessons in her younger years rather than when she's older (like me, her mom).

    Many blessings to you both! ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! For some reason your posts were not coming up on Google Reader for me, and I was wondering why you hadn't posted in a while. I went to your blog, and see all these new posts, and I feel so bad! All these new things, and I didn't even know!!! *ug*
    Well, your bazaar table looks super nice and organized. If I was a shopper, I would definitely look at your stuff first. :)
    Looking forward to doing a bazaar with you guys soon!!!
    See you tomorrow, Lord willing.
    Love you! <3
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jess, Don't feel bad. :) Who can possibly keep up with everyone's posts?! We're looking forward to having your family join us at LaCenter in a couple weeks -- should be fun!

    Blessings, ~Mrs. S. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...