Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It's Gratituesday! Are you thankful?

I am!

So thankful to have had loved ones gathered around our table to celebrate Thanksgiving with us.



So thankful, too, for the loved ones who weren't able to join us...each was sorely missed.

So thankful for the warm glow of the beautiful beeswax candles that graced our table.


Thank you, Mary!

So thankful for my cooking partner...not so thankful that her glasses broke last Wednesday. She sure is cute, huh? :)



So thankful for the opportunity to express our thanks to God for his abundant goodness to us!


In case you missed it, I shared the "how to" here.

So thankful for AnnaLynn's help at the PHS Yuletide Bazaar on Saturday (and that we took home a lot less than what we brought with us!). Sales were brisk! We practically sold out of soap and flower pins! Who knew peppermint soap was so popular? We didn't, but we do now. ;)



So thankful to bump into friends from long, long ago who were shopping at the bazaar (happy tears). Time flies. So thankful for sweet memories. :)

So, so thankful for the arrival of the Advent season...



...the lighting of candles and the reading of the Word.



So thankful for tradition -- those things we do that help us to remember!

When I think of Christmas Eves, Christmas feasts, Christmas songs, and Christmas stories, I know that they do not represent a short and transient gladness. Instead, they speak of a joy unspeakable and full of glory. God loved the world and sent His Son. Whosoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life. That is Christmas joy. That is the Christmas spirit.

~Corrie ten Boom

For what are you thankful today?

Leave a comment and/or write a blog post and join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

5 comments:

  1. So much to be thankful for indeed! Everyone looks so happy and thankful to be around that table...waiting for all that will fill it up and the company to share it with. I loved the thankful leaves idea. I will have to remember that for next October here in Canada. [o=

    And I just love love love looking at your booth. Okay with all that is said ...I guess I love this post. [o=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humble thanks to you, Mary. :) And about the Thanksgiving leaves idea, I remember the pictures of the large group you had at your celebration -- you'll love this! Blessings, ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely pictures! I enjoy beeswax candles,too. They make the house smell so homey.

    This is my first time here, and I'm so glad I found your blog to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All so lovely, Lisa. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy & Pamela - Thank you for your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...